R. A. Cawson MD FDSRCS FDSRCPS(Glas) FRCPath Emeritus Professor of Oral Medicine and Pathology, Guy’s, King’s and St Thomas’ Dental Institute, London.
E. W. Odell BDS FDSRCS MSc PhD FRCPath, Reader in Oral Pathology and Oral Medicine, Guy’s, King’s and St Thomas’ Dental Institute, London.
- Utterly indispensible.
- A summary of all aspects of oral med and path, both hard tissue and soft tissue. Its catagorized by type of pathology, and subdivided from that into specific lesions. There’s a lot of information on the commoner conditions, although the rarer ones are worth only one sparse paragraph.
- Well illustrated with lots of good pictures of pathologies. The section on cysts (which are, after all, the things most likely to come up in exams) is particularly good.
- Very useful are the summary tables which list all possible causes of red patches/white patches/radiolucencies/whatever and their distinguishing features. They’re easy to understand, memorize and regurgitate in exams.
- This passed me finals.
- A good overall book which covers everything you need to know in these areas with lots of useful pictures.
Go here for downloading 8th Edition So hot!!!
Dental eBooks’s newest Edition (8th Edition) from Amazon:
- Paperback: 472 pages
- Publisher: Churchill Livingstone; 8th Revised edition edition (15 Feb 2008)
- Language English
- ISBN-10: 0443101256
- ISBN-13: 978-0443101250
- Product Dimensions: 27.4 x 21.6 x 2.4 cm