Stuart C. White, DDS, PhD, Professor, Section of Oral and Maxillofacial Radiology, School of Dentistry, University of California
Michael J. Pharoah, DDS, MSc, FRCD(C), Professor, Department of Radiology, Faculty of Dentistry, University of Toronto
The new 5th edition of this best-selling textbook offers practical guidance for providing state-of-the-art care, as well as insights on evaluating the efficacy of future developments in the field of oral and maxillofacial radiology. Featuring a straightforward, clear presentation of the basic principles of oral and maxillofacial radiology, it includes more than 1000 high-quality radiographs and illustrations, an extensive selection of specialized imaging techniques like MRI and CT, and a comprehensive discussion of radiographic interpretation and pathologic conditions.
· A wealth of information is provided on film radiography, computed tomography, magnetic resonance imaging, nuclear medicine, ultrasonography, and the new cone-beam computed tomography.
· A logical and systematic approach to the interpretation of diagnostic images is provided.
· Disorders of the TMJ are discussed, including: radiographic abnormalities, soft tissue abnormalities, arthritic conditions, articular loose bodies, trauma, and tumors.
· Consistently presented clinical material of pathologic conditions makes it easy for the reader to follow and comprehend.
- A brand new chapter on Digital Imaging introduces the various types of cutting edge digital imaging now available in dentistry, compares their strengths and weaknesses in clinical usage, and discusses the underlying concepts of how the different methods work.
- Expanded chapters on Panoramic Imaging and Extraoral Radiographic Examinations offer systematic approaches to evaluation of the complex anatomic relationships displayed on panoramic and skull radiographs for the identification of abnormalities.
- The most up-to-date information on etiology and diagnosis of diseases in the orofacial region is accompanied by improved illustrations with special emphasis on advanced imaging.
- The very latest imaging modalities include the new cone-beam computed tomography (CBCT).
- High-quality radiographs and illustrations include images with more emphasis on computed tomography (CT) and 3D CT, as well as illustrations demonstrating anatomic distribution of lesions.
- Expanded and updated content includes the most current information to keep the reader abreast of this rapidly changing field.
- Eight new contributing authors from all over the world lend their expertise on the subjects of panoramic imaging, extraoral radiographic examinations, digital imaging, paranasal sinuses, soft tissue calcification and ossification, and developmental disturbances of the face and jaws.
“The special attractiveness of this book comes from the pleasing combination of well-structured and simple explanations complemented by more than 1000 high-quality radiographs and illustrations which cover more or less the whole area of oral and maxillofacial radiology… Summa summarum, this book can be strongly recommended to the personal library of both students and clinicians.”European Journal of Orthodontics, 2009
Extremly satisfying, February 3, 2004
Go here for 6th Edition So hot!!!
Note: this ebook is intended for promotional use only. we strongly recommend you to delete it from your computer within 24 hours. if you love this book, you should buy it’s newest edition from amazon:
- Hardcover: 656 pages
- Publisher: Mosby; 6 edition (September 25, 2008)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0323049834
- ISBN-13: 978-0323049832
- Product Dimensions: 11 x 8.7 x 1.3 inches
- Shipping Weight: 4.7 pounds