This resource has been the standard text for basic principles and concepts of removable partial denture treatment planning and design for over 40 years. It thoroughly explains the clinical and laboratory aspects of providing removable partial dentures to manage the condition of missing teeth. Content extends from initial contact with the patient to post-treatment care. Inside this book, readers will find all the evidence-based information needed to diagnose, design, develop, and sequence a treatment plan.
- The newest techniques, procedures, and equipment used in today’s partial denture construction are introduced and evaluated.
- A six-page section in the chapter on Major and Minor Connectors (Chapter 5) reviews various major connectors side-by-side for quick comparison to help in the decision-making process.
- Evidence-based approach helps readers diagnose, design, develop, and sequence a treatment plan.
- Various philosophies and techniques are presented throughout, to allow readers to select and incorporate applicable techniques on a case-by-case basis.
- Chapters are presented in three logically-sequenced sections: General Concepts and Treatment Planning; Clinical and Laboratory Procedures; and Maintenance.
- Self-Assessment Aids pose questions at the end of each chapter to stimulate classroom discussion and ensure comprehension of material.
- Terminology is consistent with the most recent edition of The Glossary of Prosthodontic Terms, keeping readers updated on the language currently used in dental schools and dental practices.
- Completely revised and digitized art program displays high-quality color images to help readers visualize techniques and materials used in prosthetic dentistry.
- Up-to-date literature is divided by topic and listed in the Selected Reading Resources at the end of the book, to provide supplemental articles and texts for additional research.
- All content beyond the basic level is set apart with a colored design, separating foundational material from the more advanced topics.
- An entirely new chapter on Partially Edentulous Epidemiology, Physiology, and Terminology (Chapter 1) offers expanded coverage of terminology and basic information on changing treatment needs for partially edentulous patients based on retention of teeth in aging patients.
- A new maxillofacial chapter reviews the principles of removable partial denture service for this unique patient group.
- Detailed discussions of prostheses that are supported by dental implants keeps pace with the latest options for replacing teeth.
- A full-color design includes clinical photos and illustrations that bring the subject to life.
- New, high-quality line drawings are enhanced with color and detail.
Full color but not advanced, May 12, 2007
Has enough detail for most general dentists when you need a reference, and more than enough for the dental student. There is also some discussion of advanced technique in the text that is shown with a colored background, however there does not seem to be much discussion on advanced cases (4 stars). Chapters discuss all aspects of most partial denture cases including some maxillofacial prosthetics. I like to learn a lot by looking at pictures. One huge plus this book has is more than 90% full color (5 stars) pictures (more than 900). However I wish the pictures showed how to do procedures in a step by step format. The pictures for the most part just show what things are supposed to look like in the end of a procedure (3 stars). Avg stars: 4
A fundamental addition to any comprehensive medical library., February 17, 2011
This is quite honestly more than just a book, it is in certain respects an encyclopedic reference tool for any dental health care practitioner. The photographs and illustrations are exceptional, and the descriptive information is brilliant. Anyone interested in the field of dental prosthetics will find this to be a most interesting source of information, and for those involved professionally within the field of Prosthodontics, this is no doubt an invaluable professional resource.
Good supplement, March 9, 2012
The book is a good supplement to my RPD class and is very easy to understand and explains things quite well.
INDISPENSABLE, December 8, 2011
Indispensable book for the general dentist, prosthodontist …
Very good book, written by renowned authors, as usual a great treatise elsevier.
Contemporary Fixed Prosthodontics 4 edition, elsevier mosby, 2006
Contemporary Implant Dentistry 3 edition, elsevier mosby, 2007
Contemporary Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery 5 edition, elsevier mosby, 2008
Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology 3 edition, elsevier saunders, 2008
Dentistry for the Child and Adolescent 9 edition, elsevier mosby, 2010
Pathways of the Pulp 10 edition, elsevier mosby, 2010
Removable Partial Prosthodontics 12 edition, elsevier mosby, 2010
Clinical Periodontology 11 edition, elsevier saunders, 2011
Prosthodontic Treatment for Edentulous Patients 13 edition, elsevier mosby, 2012
Contemporary Orthodontics 5 edition, elsevier mosby, 2012
Art and Science of Operative Dentistry 6 edition, elsevier mosby, 2012
Management of Temporomandibular Disorders and Occlusion 7 edition, elsevier mosby, 2012
- Hardcover: 480 pages
- Publisher: Mosby; 11 edition (July 23, 2004)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0323026281
- ISBN-13: 978-0323026284
- Product Dimensions: 11 x 8.5 x 1.1 inches
- Shipping Weight: 3.6 pounds
Dental eBooks’s newest Edition (12 edition June 22, 2010) from Amazon.