Jeryl D. English, DDS, MS, Professor, Chairman and Program Director, DO Orthodontics, UO Texas
Timo Peltomaki, DDS, MS, PhD, Professor and Chairman, Kate Pham-Litschel, DDS, MS, Research Associate, Clinic for Orthodontics and Pediatric Dentistry, Center for Dental and Oral Medicine, Uiversity of Zurich, Switzerland
- Content is designed to prepare you for the NBDE, Part II and the ABO written and clinical examinations to help you achieve the best results.
- Detailed illustrations provide a visual guide to conditions, techniques, diagnoses, key concepts, and more with case study photos that detail treatment from a patient’s initial exam to completion.
- Proven question and answer format covers the key information for each topic and helps prepare you for certification exams.
This book is not very helpful for ABO boards, April 10, 2011
This book could have been awesome. There really is no condensed reference for American Board of Orthodontics written exam, just thousands of pages of recommended reading. If one could condense everything on the reading list into a concise book, it would be a real winner.
Unfortunately this book missed the boat. It glosses over many important points. For example the biomechanics chapter is lacking any talk of NiTi wires and martensitic vs austenic changes or anything about headgears and force of application. These are huge topics on the boards and not found in the book. Each chapter reads very seperate and has no continuity. It reads as if each person gets to write about their assigned topic and just writes whatever they feel like. This book is by no means comprehensive.
There is a lot of chapters that are pointless for board review. A whole chapter on CBCT? Secrets in computer-aided surgical simulation for complex cranio-maxillofacial surgery. Really?
The CD isn’t that great. Some NBDE questions, but not similar to the real boards questions. A lot of random questions about pediatric restorative that wasn’t appropriate. There are also some cases on there, but no questions.
Take home message, save your money. Just read Proffit, the article list, and the whatever else you can get your hands on from previous residents. It’s sad that this book really isn’t what it could have been…they whole things just doesn’t make sense. Maybe they will do a re-write for the second edition.
Best choice for boards, November 22, 2008
If u’re taking the ABO boards, you must have this book. It is a great refresher
- Paperback: 320 pages
- Publisher: Mosby (February 20, 2008)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0323050077
- ISBN-13: 978-0323050074
- Product Dimensions: 10.8 x 8.5 x 0.5 inches
- Shipping Weight: 2.1 pounds
Dental eBooks’ Library