Myron Allukian, Jr., DDS, MPH, Oral Health Consultant, Massachusetts League of Community Health Centers and Lutheran Medical Center;
And many other authors…
- The point-by-point outline format conveys essential data and key points in a clean, streamlined fashion, eliminating the need to sift through thick, heavy paragraphs to find important facts.
- The exam-based progression of topics allows users to familiarize themselves with content in the same order in which they will encounter it on the exam, and to build conclusions based on previously presented material.
- Each section features 100 review questions that highlight important points of each topic and prepare students for both the exam content and testing procedures.
- An answer key with rationales illustrates logical approaches students should use in answering exam questions and reinforces principles addressed in each section.
- Tables and text boxes provide supplementary information and emphasize important data from the core text at a glance.
- Included Case Study CD-ROM presents detailed case scenarios that challenge students to apply the knowledge to real-world scenarios, just as they will be required to do on Part II of the exam.
Concise and organized review, October 9, 2007
I just got my Part 2 results. I used this book exclusively to study for it. All areas of the test are covered in adequate detail. The figures and photos really helped out. I studied for Part 1 with Dental Decks and I wish these books had been published then. Organized study is very important to me. When traveling, I could take this one book which covers the whole exam. If I was using decks this would have been more difficult.
I give this book 5 stars for being very concise yet thorough and for helping me score highly on the exam.
The best review for the test, March 14, 2010
I just received my scores for part II and I passed with a relatively high score. Didn’t get a 90, but I haven’t heard of anyone in my class who has with the new test format. I studied this book in its entirety and also reviewed a few sections of the dental decks and the old ASDA released exams. This book was by far the best resource. There were questions on the exam that I wouldn’t have known the answers to if not for this book. The Mosby review was recommended by a friend, and I am SO glad I used this for studying versus the First Aid review book. I used the First Aid review book for part I and found it helpful, so I bought it for part II also thinking it would be the best thing to use. There is no comparison between this book and the First Aid book in terms of content, as this book is much more thorough. It is also very well formatted. I would definitely recommend it to anyone taking NDBE part II.
Average Study Review, October 1, 2008
I ordered up this book a few weeks ago to prepare for the Part II NBDE and so far I have not been very impressed. While there is a lot good information in there, it is not very concise and seems to be missing some key information. You have to wade through lot of words to find the important stuff. Examples of missing info: it doesn’t talk about how many canals are in typical max/mand teeth and what are their variations, it doesn’t give details on the MSA/ASA blocks (only PSA and IO nerve block), or details/diagrams of the different space infections. I will say it has a lot of study questions with explanations and a practice test which are helpful. Even then though, the study questions are not always answered specifically in the text and I have to refer to other materials for a review of some topics. Overall, it may be worth the money just for the study questions (in the book and the CD), but you may look to another source for a more concise and comprehensive review.
- Paperback: 448 pages
- Publisher: Mosby (April 23, 2007)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 032302565X
- ISBN-13: 978-0323025652
- Product Dimensions: 10.8 x 8.4 x 0.7 inches
- Shipping Weight: 2 pounds
Download original PDF version here
Note: This ebook is intended for promotional use only. We strongly recommend you to delete it from your computer within 24 hours. If you love this book, you should buy it’s newest Edition from Amazon.