Occlusion and Clinical Practice: An Evidence-Based Approach
Iven Klineberg, Professor, Westmead Centre of Oral Health, Australia;
Robert Jagger, Senior Lecturer and Consultant in Restorative Dentistry, Department of Adult Dental Health, Dental School, Cardiff, UK
An understanding of occlusion, the way in which the opposing surfaces of upper and lower teeth make contact, is fundamental to the practice of dentistry – especially to individual dental sub-specialties such as orthodontics and prosthodontics. This unique book offers an accessible look at the best available evidence on occlusion and its relevance for management of dental patients.
- Evidence-based information provides an excellent introduction to the subject of occlusion.
- Unique approach focuses on the relevance of occlusion to the individual disciplines of dentistry such as orthodontics and prosthodontics.
- Treatment suggestions emphasize interdisciplinary management of the occlusion.
- Chapter authors are internationally recognized authorities.
“…a text aimed at students and practitioners alike…The writing is wonderfully clear and relevant, which is well complemented by good diagrams and mosr interestingly of all, clearly labelled series of photographs which explain procedures clearly. This is a fine first edition and certainly fills a gap in the market for this kind of well-researched text.” Student, MAD Magazine – Barts and The London Students’ Association, June 2004
Occlusion and clinical practice, June 1, 2009
It is a good book when I just touching the “foreword”. As its mention, it is an elegant, carefully crafted textbook. I will keep on reading until the end. Occlusion is a very special topic to dentistry. Few books talk about this topic. That means it is attractive, or otherwise you will feel boring of reading it.
- Paperback: 160 pages
- Publisher: Wright; 1 edition (April 2, 2004)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0723610924
- ISBN-13: 978-0723610922
- Product Dimensions: 9.6 x 7.3 x 0.4 inches
- Shipping Weight: 11.2 ounces
Dental eBooks’ Library
- Orofacial Pain: From Basic Science to Clinical Management, 2nd Edition
- Evidence-Based Occlusal Management for Temporomandibular Disorders
- Orofacial Pain: Guidelines for Assessment, Diagnosis, and Management, 4th Edition
- [Premium] Management of Temporomandibular Disorders and Occlusion, 6th Edition
- Dental Prosthodontics (Prosthetic Dentistry) Lectures, DVD
- Manual of Temporomandibular Disorders
- Applied Occlusion (Enhanced Version)
- Prosthetic Rehabilitation: Technical Procedures
- Bell’s Oral and Facial Pain, 7th Edition
- Orofacial Pain: Guidelines for Assessment, Diagnosis, and Management, 5th Edition