Joseph A Regezi, DDS, MS, Professor, Oral Pathology, UO California, Division of Oral Pathology, CA;
James J Sciubba, DMD, PhD, DO Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery, Maryland;
Richard C. K. Jordan, DDS, MSc, PhD, FRCD(C), UO California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA
- New contributors and a new main author bring years of credibility and experience in various fields of pathology and oral medicine to the book.
- The Clinical Overview presents disease characteristics with full-color clinical photographs for rapid chairside identification of oral lesions.
- Up-to-date references for further reading are presented in bibliographies at the end of each chapter direct readers to additional literature for more information on each topic.
- Nearly every disease presented is illustrated with high-quality, full-color clinical photos, radiographs, and histopathological images.
- Content outlines at the beginning of each chapter allow quick reference of specific topics.
- Each chapter is consistently organized with a clinical orientation for easy reading, reference, and aid in differential diagnosis.
- Organization according to clinical presentation rather than disease etiology makes it very practical for use in the clinical setting.
- Correlations of clinical and radiographic findings with microscopy provide an in-depth understanding of oral diseases.
- Current concepts on disease etiology and treatment are emphasized.
- Full-color images of nearly every disease discussed facilitate effective learning and easy identification of intraoral lesions.
- An accompanying CD-ROM showcases an impressive electronic image collection, containing full-color photomicrographs, a 680-question test bank, and 30 illustrated case studies that feature clinical histories, photographs, and photomicrographs.
- The Clinical Overview section has been reorganized for quick reference as a pictorial guide to lesions that patients often present with.
- A brand-new chapter on Advanced Diagnostic Methods in Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology provides current information on cutting-edge diagnostic methods.
- Each chapter has been extensively revised, making this almost an entirely “new” text that reflects the most current concepts and methodology in oral and maxillofacial pathology.