Stanley F. Malamed, D.D.S., Professor of Anesthesia & Medicine, Diplomate of the American Dental Board of Anesthesiology, Herman Ostrow School of Dentistry, UO Southern California
- In-depth discussions of the pharmacology of commonly used sedative agents allow you to fully understand properties and characteristics of drugs used.
- Combines all aspects of sedation with essential theory and instruction
- Boxes and tables highlight key information and make it easy to find important content.
- Chapter 40-Legal Considerations includes the current liability standards for patient treatment to help you protect yourself and your patients.
- Chapter 41-The Controversial Development of Anesthesiology in Dentistry focuses on the growing controversies, legal and otherwise, from both without and within the profession.
- Updated patient management procedures provide the most current guidelines on everything from AHA CPR standards to the safest sedative procedures.
- Full-color art program shows anatomy and other important concepts in vibrant detail.
- Photos of the newest sedation and emergency equipment ensure you have the latest information on developments in the field.
“This is the 4th edition of a popular textbook presently used by many dental schools in North America. For this edition, Dr. Malamed enlisted the help of Dr. Morris Clark, who co-authored the section on inhalational sedation, as well as Dr. Kenneth Reed, who upgraded the section on medically compromised patients. In addition to the improvements engendered by these co-authors, many of the illustrations and diagrams have been updated, and overall the new edition is superior to the third edition. The primary target audiences are pre- and post-doctoral dental students wishing to learn more about sedation and anxiety control. Increasingly, other medical practitioners such as podiatrists, plastic and reconstructive surgeons, and even gastroenterologists are performing office sedation and they too would find this book very useful.”
- Journal of Prosthodontics – March 2004 -
Extensive sedation guide for dentistry, May 13, 2007
This extensive guide to sedation is well written and very through. There are chapters on oral sedation, N2O sedation, and emergency medicine.
I found it very informative.
Sedation and pt management, January 9, 2010
This is a very good book for the clinician who wants to gain an understanding of proper patient management for the sedated patient, rescue breathing for the over-sedated, and how to properly monitor your sedated patient. This is not the book for a person who wants to do just conscious sedation though. It does review conscious sedation, but not very thoroughly. I recommend this book to anyone wishing to increase their understanding of how to manage your patient during sedation as a whole.
Useful reference, July 28, 2010
I just completed the dental anesthesia course at dental school and this is the book our class used. I found the book to be very helpful for more than just sedation and I do recommend it. I will be a good reference book for my collection.
- Paperback: 624 pages
- Publisher: Mosby; 5 edition (June 23, 2009)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0323056806
- ISBN-13: 978-0323056809
- Product Dimensions: 10.7 x 8.5 x 0.9 inches
- Shipping Weight: 3.3 pounds
Note: This ebook is intended for promotional use only. We strongly recommend you to delete it from your computer within 24 hours. If you love this book, you should buy it’s newest Edition from Amazon.