Roderick Cawson, MD, FDSRCS, FDSRCPS(Glas), FRCPath, FAAOMP, Emeritus Professor of Oral Medicine and Pathology, Guy’s King’s and St Thomas’ Dental Institute, King’s College London, UK;
Edward Odell, FDSRCS, MSc, PhD, FRCPath, Professor of Oral Pathology and Medicine, King’s College London, UK; Honorary Consultant in Oral Pathology, Guy’s and St. Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust, London, UK
- Comprehensive coverage of both oral pathology and oral medicine in a single paperback volume
- Ideal for both undergraduate and post-graduate dentistry exams
- Lucid writing style provides easy access to essential information
- Illustrated in high quality throughout, with over 80 new full colour images
- Ample use of flow charts guide the student thorough the process of differential diagnosis for a range of conditions
- Classic text explaining the dental relevance of a range of systemic diseases
- Updated chapters on cancer and premalignancy, including new information on disease management.
- New section on healing of the normal tooth socket, and pathology of osseointegration and sinusitis.
- Includes discussion of controversial issues such as prophylaxis for infective endocarditis.
- Addition of new WHO disease classifications – such as premalignancy.
- New section on the relationship between the pathology of caries and its treatment.
- Usability of diagnostic flow charts improved by addition of icons to the relevant sections of text referring the reader to the flow chart.
- Many sections improved and updated, including cleft lip and palate, maxillary sinusitis and lichenoid reactions to amalgam restorations.
- New section on implants, implant related lesions and osseointegration.
Great book, 30 Sep 2010
A good overall book which covers everything you need to know in these areas with lots of useful pictures.
Excellent, 31 May 2010
Perhaps doesn’t cover every topic ideally, this is still the best oral medicine/pathology textbook on the market. The chapters on pre-malignancy / malignancy are fantastic.
The medically compromised patient chapters, are however a little sparse and confusing.
The perfect book for oral medicine, 2 April 2007
Being a fourth year dental student, this book has provided alot of information for oral medicine.
Alot of my lecturers use this book in their handouts, so when you read those handouts you know where to look afterwards. It has nice diagrams which are easy to understand and make your studying a bit less stressful.
What I also enjoyed in this book, is that it doesn’t stick just to oral medicine, but it also takes you a step further giving you information concerning not only dental but medically relevant information as well.
Brilliant Book!, 2 April 2007
This is an excellent book for dental students, it contains just the amount of information coupled with some remarkable colour images.
Don’t let its title of Oral pathology and oral medicine mislead you to think that it is just a collection of slides – it has a lot of in depth knowledge in all areas relating to oral health as well as a section with the relevant medical aspects of dentistry covered in good detail. Its very easy to read and doesnt contain alot of waffle, the bullet point boxes highlight the relevant and important key features which are great for revision.
I thoroughly recommend this book for all dental undergraduate students.
- Paperback: 472 pages
- Publisher: Churchill Livingstone; 8 edition (February 26, 2008)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0443101256
- ISBN-13: 978-0443101250
- Product Dimensions: 10.8 x 8.5 x 0.9 inches
- Shipping Weight: 3.1 pounds
Link Down 8th Edition Original Quality So hot!!!
Attention: If you have error with Adobe PDF when reading this, please use Foxit Reader!
Dental eBooks’ Library