Kenneth M. Hargreaves, DDS, PhD, FICD, FACD, Professor and Chair, DO Endodontics; UO Texas Health Science Center, Diplomate, American Board of Endodontics;
Stephen Cohen, MA, DDS, FICD, FACD, Clinical Professor (Adjunct), DO Endodontics, The Arthur A. Dugoni School of Dentistry, University of the Pacific, Diplomate, American Board of Endodontics.
- A diverse and respected group of contributors includes experts such as Louis Berman, Gerald Glickman, Richard Walton, Gary Hartwell, and many more.
- Preparation for Treatment chapter examines the issues that must be addressed before nonsurgical root canal treatment can begin, including proper infection control and occupational safety procedures for the entire health care team and treatment environment, appropriate communication with the patient (including case presentation and informed consent), premedication, effective administration of local anesthesia, a quality radiographic or digital-image survey, and thorough isolation of the treatment site.
- Cleaning and Shaping of the Root Canal Systemchapter includes a new section on preventing/treating sodium hypochlorite accidents, and also addresses the framework of root canal treatment, the technical and clinical issues surrounding cleaning and shaping, and canal preparation and cleaning techniques.
- Records and Legal Responsibilities chapter includes legal forms and descriptions of legal processes, guidelines for record keeping, and information on HIPAA doctor-patient rights and responsibilities, so you can avoid potential legal issues, operate your practice more smoothly and professionally, and know your options in all situations.
- The Role of Endodontics After Dental Traumatic Injuries chapter focuses on the role of the dentino-pulpal complex in the pathogenesis of disease subsequent to dentinal trauma and how treatment of this complex can contribute to favorable healing.
- Periradicular Surgery chapter covers this predictable, cost-effective alternative to extraction and tooth replacement with a new section on three-dimensional cone beam volumetric tomography and also covers topics including indications for periradicular surgery, the biological principles of wound healing, soft and hard tissue healing, systemic medications and the effect they have on wound healing, pre-operative evaluation, patient preparation, anesthesia, surgical access, periradicular curettage and biopsy, localized hemostasis, management of the root endguided tissue regeneration and endodontic surgery, intentional replantation, postoperative care, management of surgical complications, and more.
- Pediatric Endodontics chapter provides a review of current therapies for the prevention and treatment of pulpal disease in primary and young permanent teeth.
- Effects of Age and Systemic Health on Endodontics chapter discusses special considerations and procedures for older patients, including how medical and dental histories can impact treatment, diagnosis and treatment of the older patient, and endodontic surgery.
- Digital Technology in Endodontic Practice chapter discusses integrating technology into the office, including the use of electronic records, with a new section on radiation addressing the NCRP recommendations, quality assurance, and patient education, and a section on Cone Beam CT examining CBCT advantages such as lower cost, less radiation, and greater accuracy, along with the newly introduced hybrid units like the Kodak 9000 3D extraoral imaging system.
- Online access to the complete, fully searchable contents of the book makes it easy to find clinical answers quickly.
- Five chapters are available online only: Understanding and Managing the Fearful Dental Patient, The Law and Dental Technology: Focus on Endodontics, Digital Technologies in Endodontic Practice, CBCT for Endodontics, and Endodontic Practice Management.
- Updates address the latest developments in the field.
- Videos and animations demonstrate key procedures, such as palpation of the masseter muscle, introsseous anesthesia with the X-tipT system, dentin hypersensitivity, indirect ultrasound, palpation of the temporomandibular joint, ultrasonic settling, and more.
- An online image library includes all of the book’s images, organized by chapter, in a user-friendly format – allowing you to search for what you want and then save images into a virtual “Light Box” or straight into a PowerPoint presentation.
- NEW Pathobiology of the Periapex chapter covers apical periodontitis and infection, asymptomatic apical periodontitis (apical granuloma), infection apical periodontitis and systemic diseases, wound healing of apical periodontitis, and much more.
- NEW Restoration of Endodontically Treated Teeth chapter covers topics such as the special features of endodontically treated teeth, restorative materials, pretreatment evaluation and treatment strategy, and a variety of clinical procedures including direct composite restorations, veneers, amalgam core, composite core and white post, and more.
- NEW Regenerative Endodontics chapter.
- NEW CBCT for Endodontics chapter.
- NEW Endodontic Practice Management chapter.
- A drug database - powered by Gold Standard – lets you access drug information by indications, contraindications, and adverse reactions.
- A Challenge lets you assess your understanding with multiple-choice questions based on chapter-specific discussions or case scenarios, including answers and rationales.
- A glossary defines evidence-based terms, as provided by The Journal of Evidence-Based Dental Practice.
Endo textbook, January 7, 2012
excellent textbook for post-graduated students
so, I recommend it for endo and resto students
good luck and thank you
highly updated , perfect
INDISPENSABLE, December 8, 2011
indispensable book for the general dentist, endodontist …
Very good book, written by renowned authors, as usual a great treatise elsevier.
Contemporary Fixed Prosthodontics 4 edition, elsevier mosby, 2006
Contemporary Implant Dentistry 3 edition, elsevier mosby, 2007
Contemporary Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery 5 edition, elsevier mosby, 2008
Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology 3 edition, elsevier saunders, 2008
Dentistry for the Child and Adolescent 9 edition, elsevier mosby, 2010
Pathways of the Pulp 10 edition, elsevier mosby, 2010
Removable Partial Prosthodontics 12 edition, elsevier mosby, 2010
Clinical Periodontology 11 edition, elsevier saunders, 2011
Prosthodontic Treatment for Edentulous Patients 13 edition, elsevier mosby, 2012
Contemporary Orthodontics 5 edition, elsevier mosby, 2012
Art and Science of Operative Dentistry 6 edition, elsevier mosby, 2012
Management of Temporomandibular Disorders and Occlusion 7 edition, elsevier mosby, 2012
Great textbook from a great endodontist, October 19, 2011
I’ve read his book back in 1999 which was the 6 or 7th ed, but this one is totally updated and refreshed with the latest knowledge. I’ve actually worked with Dr Cohen in SF and I’m so glad I picked his brain. He is a genius. I’ve also have talks with Dr Herbranson and picked his brain. I love endo and I am also a general dentist. It’s great to clean, shape, pack, and restore failed teeth and see them function for many many more years. I could do implant surgery, which I do in the office as well, but I like to be conservative and “fix” bad teeth. It’s just the right thing to do imo. I hope you get this book, it is the best of all the texts on endo.
Perfect for Endo residents, January 5, 2011
I am an Endo Resident in America and this book is a must. Just updated for 2010, it has all the new products and literature updates. The topics are very detailed and covers almost all aspects of Endodontics. It is a great reference for undergrads and mandatory for people who wish to become an Endodontist. Probably the most used Endo textbook in America. It also comes with a CD which allows online access to the electronic book so you can get photos and stuff for presentations.
this book is a must, December 6, 2010
Pathways of the pulp is a book that every dentist should own. It is a excellent reference for any endodontic topic.
I recommend it 100%
- Hardcover: 992 pages
- Publisher: Mosby; 10 edition (May 10, 2010)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0323064892
- ISBN-13: 978-0323064897
- Product Dimensions: 11.1 x 8.9 x 1.8 inches
- Shipping Weight: 6.9 pounds