Herbert T. Shillingburg, Jr, DDS, David Ross Boyd Professor and Chair Department of Fixed Prosthodontics, Lowell D. Whitsett, DDS, Professor Emeritus, DO Occlusion, Richard Jacobi, DDS, Professor, DO Fixed Prosthodontics, Susan E. Brackett, DDS, MS, Associate Professor, DO Fixed Prosthodontics, UO Oklahoma College of Dentistry;
Sumiya Hobo, DDS, MSD, PhD, Director. International Dental Academy Tokyo, Japan;
Student`s review January 27, 2000
Excellent book featuring:
* “picturesque” explaining (almost like a comic book), no clinical photography present though
* step by step instructions how to do it, with every material, bur or other used instrument explained in detail. Detail is what is great about this book – you can reconstruct every phase of the procedure to the last detail.
* fluidly written and easily understandable emphasizing the practice with all theoretical knowledge needed provided
Overall it is a great book for students which want to get a general knowledge about practice and theory of fixed prosthodontics in dentistry. Great beginners and advanced user book. (My mother who is a specialist of prosthodontic find it useful after years and years of practice). Only complaint – there were not any real clinical cases and clinical photography.
Fundamentals of Fixed Prosthodontics May 21, 2009
I have the second edition and I love it so much although there is no attractive photos inside but it is very practical for me in clinical study. This time I buy the third edition. It is also kept me irresistible of reading it.
A must have to every General Practitioner January 28, 2008
This is not only a recommended text, but also virtually a “must have” for every GP! It works perfectly for both, theory and practice. It works greatly for a student as well.
- Hardcover: 582 pages
- Publisher: Quintessence Publishing (IL); 3 Sub edition (January 15, 1997)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 086715201X
- ISBN-13: 978-0867152012
- Product Dimensions: 11.2 x 8.9 x 1.3 inches
- Shipping Weight: 4 pounds
Download 4th Edition here
Dental eBooks’ Library