- Peter Selvaratnam, PhD, BAppSc, FACP
- Ken Niere, BAppSc, FACP
- Maria Zuluaga, BAppSc,
Headache, Orofacial Pain and Bruxism: Diagnosis and multidisciplinary approaches to management has been written by clinicians for clinicians. It contains the collective knowledge of hundreds of years of clinical experience. The authors are drawn from a range of disciplines which regularly encounter patients with headache, orofacial pain or bruxism. They have described evidence-informed clinical practice derived from anatomical, physiological, and biomechanical concepts.
Patients who present with headache, orofacial pain or bruxism provide a clinical challenge to make sense of symptoms, sources, and contributing factors. There are many structures associated with problems in this region and patients may call on any of a number of health practitioners for diagnosis and treatment. It is often beyond the expertise of a single practitioner to address all facets of the problem without the assistance of colleagues.
- This book provides clinicians with the theoretical and clinical information required to appreciate the role of each discipline involved in the management of patients with headache, orofacial pain and bruxism.
- Clinicians are encouraged to use a multidisciplinary approach and to collaborate in the comprehensive management of these patients.
- Peter Selvaratnam, PhD, BAppSc, GradDipManipTherapy, DipAcupunctur, FACP, Specialist Musculoskeletal Physiotherapist, Anatomis, Director, Headache Centre of Victoria; Clinical Associate Professor, Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry an Health Sciences, UO Melbourne;
- Ken Niere, BAppSc, GradDip, MManipPhysio, FACP, Specialist Musculoskeletal Physiotherapist. Senior Lecturer, School of Physiotherapy, La Trobe University;
- Maria Zuluaga, BAppSc (Physio), Grad Dip, (ManipTher), MWomen’sHlth, Musculoskeletal Physiotherapist. Clinician, Headache Centre of Victoria, Australia.
- Hardcover: 400 pages
- Publisher: Churchill Livingstone; 1 edition (August 4, 2009)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0443103100
- ISBN-13: 978-0443103100
- Product Dimensions: 9.8 x 7.6 x 0.9 inches
- Shipping Weight: 2.6 pounds