Joseph A. Regezi, DDS, MS, Professor Emeritus, Oral Pathology, University of California;
James J. Sciubba, DMD, PHD, Professor (Ret), Otolaryngology, Pathology, Dermatology, The Johns Hopkins School of Medicine;
Richard C.K. Jordan, DDS, PHD, FRCPATH, Professor of Oral Pathology & Pathology, UO California.
- An atlas-style Clinical Overview section makes it easy to find key information, with one page showing clinical photos of common conditions and the facing page listing symptoms, causes, and significance.
- Organization by clinical appearance – such as including all red-blue lesions in one chapter along with possible causes — matches what you would expect to see upon a patient’s presentation, and provides a practical tool for developing differential diagnoses and planning treatment.
- Hundreds of full-color clinical photographs and radiographs depict specific conditions for easier identification in real clinical scenarios.
- Full-color photomicrographs help you identify pathologic elements and provide correct diagnoses and treatment plans.
- Boxes and tables offer clear, at-a-glance information on the clinical features, diagnosis, and treatment for many conditions.
- Student resources on a companion Evolve website include 30 case studies, a 150-question practice exam, and case-based learning to prepare you for the NBDE and for clinical practice.
- Advanced imaging techniques include images such as CBCTs (cone beam computed tomography), regular CTs, and MRIs, reflecting the transition from a 2-dimensional to a 3-dimensional approach in acquiring data and reconstructing images, and helping you identify and assess disease entities — especially tumors of the salivary glands, jaws, and soft tissues.
- Expanded sections on etiology, treatment, and diagnosis of oral cancer (HPV) describe how subtypes can play an important role in the development and natural history of some head and neck cancers, most notably those arising in the oropharynx.
- Expanded section on bisphosphonate-related osteonecrosis of the jaws helps you effectively manage patients taking bisphosphonates to prevent bone loss, including information on oral complications, risk factors, and benefits.
- Hardcover: 480 pages
- Publisher: Saunders; 6 edition (November 22, 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1455702625
- ISBN-13: 978-1455702626
- Product Dimensions: 11.1 x 8.7 x 0.9 inches
- Shipping Weight: 3.7 pounds
Dental eBooks’ Library