Stuart C. White, DDS, PhD, Professor and Chairman, Section of Oral Radiology, School of Dentistry, UO California, Center for Health Sciences, Los Angeles, CA;
Michael J. Pharoah, DDS, MSc, FRCD(C), Professor, DO Radiology, Faculty of Dentistry, University of Toronto
With more than 1,000 high-quality radiographs and illustrations, this bestselling book visually demonstrates the basic principles of oral and maxillofacial radiology as well as effective clinical application. You’ll be able to diagnose and treat patients effectively with the coverage of imaging techniques, including specialized techniques such as MRI and CT, and the comprehensive discussion of the radiographic interpretation of pathology. The book also covers radiation physics, radiation biology, and radiation safety and protection – helping you provide state-of-the-art care!
- A consistent format makes it easy to follow and comprehend clinical material on each pathologic condition, including a definition, synonyms, clinical features, radiographic features, differential diagnosis, and management/treatment.
- Updated photos show new equipment and radiographs in the areas of intraoral radiographs, normal radiographic anatomy, panoramic imaging, and advanced imaging.
- Updated Digital Imaging chapter expands coverage of PSP plates and its use in cephalometric and panoramic imaging, examining the larger latitudes of photostimulable phosphor receptors and their linear response to the five orders of magnitude of x-ray exposure.
- Updated Guidelines for Prescribing Dental Radiographs chapter includes the latest ADA guidelines, and also discusses the European Guidelines.
- Updated information on radiographic manifestations of diseases in the orofacial region includes the latest data on etiology and diagnosis, with an emphasis on advanced imaging.
- Expert contributors include many authors with worldwide reputations.
- Cone Beam Computed Tomography chapter covers machines, the imaging process, and typical clinical applications of cone-beam imaging, with examples of examinations made from scans.
- Evolve website adds more coverage of cases, with more examples of specific issues.
“The special attractiveness of this book comes from the pleasing combination of well-structured and simple explanations complemented by more than 1000 high-quality radiographs and illustrations which cover more or less the whole area of oral and maxillofacial radiology… Summa summarum, this book can be strongly recommended to the personal library of both students and clinicians.”European Journal of Orthodontics, 2009
Saved my butt for Radiology, September 1, 2011
Great book. What else can you really say about the textbook your school requires you to buy. I really cant say anything negative about it. It definitely is a text heavy book but if you can get through it you only understand it better.
Outstanding!, May 28, 2011
Great book! Everything that a dentist needs to practice. Could use a little more on cbct, but overall very well written and easy to navigate.
Great book!, September 4, 2010
Great book. Interpretations are so much easier to understand with these pictures for a dental student.
definitely worth a buy!, May 3, 2010
post-grads student..this is a must have book..it’s a bit detailed but it makes life easier when u finally grasp the concept..then u can proceed to share the knowledge with others!
Oral Radiology White/Pharoh, March 20, 2010
A fine review of principles, techniques, pathology and interpretation of oral radiology. Easily read and understood. Good to excellent image quality. Well organized. A good value.
Really good book, February 10, 2010
I think it is a very good book, good images, very complete and with new information about new techniques, i really recomend it!!
An essential book for your dental collection, April 28, 2009
I bought this book because it was required of us in Dental School. What a great resource it has been! So many great pictures make getting the hang of differential diagnosis much easier. This book is definitely a keeper, and a must buy for any other dental students!
- Hardcover: 656 pages
- Publisher: Mosby; 6 edition (September 25, 2008)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0323049834
- ISBN-13: 978-0323049832
- Product Dimensions: 11.1 x 8.7 x 1.2 inches
- Shipping Weight: 4.7 pounds