R.M. Basker, OBE, DDS Birm, BDS Lond, FDSRCS Edin, MGDSRCS Eng, LDSRCS Eng, Emeritus Professor, University of Leeds, UK;
J.C. Davenport, PhD Birm, BDS Brist, FDSRCS Eng, Emeritus Professor, University of Birmingham, UK.
Journal of Orthodontics
“this textbook is highly recommended to undergraduate students as it is well written, clearly laid out and helpfully illustrated.
The objective of the authors, in providing the clinician with a sound theoretical foundation on which successful clinical skills can be built, has certainly been achieved.
The text should also be of interest to practitioners and those preparing for postgraduate exams.”
Dental Update“In summation, the authors have achieved their aims and I would recommend this textbook for undergraduates.”
British Dental Journal
“…the last chapter of forty pages is very useful. It is completely devoted to complaints like pain, loose dentures, recurring fractures, flabby ridges, sore mouth and speech impediment.”
Translation of a review from the Dutch Journal of Dentistry
From the Back Cover
- Adops a flexible approach to accommodate the variation found in edentulous patients.
- Stresses the critical importance of good communication between clinician and dental technician.
- Emphasises care of the elderly and the value of holistic treatment.
- Includes many photographs and clear line drawings.
- Sections on clinical audit at the end of each clinical chapter.
- Updated and restructured text and references.
- Emphasises evidence-based treatment.
The fourth edition includes a new foreword written by Professor Per-Olof Glantz, Vice-Chancellor, Malmö University Sweden.
Pretty decent, March 17, 2007
Decent quality book. Very understandable, and definitely worth buying.
Initially bought this thru Amazon itself (thinking that since they’ve got that massive system all together, it would be zero fuss… but apparently they didnt have it in stock yet, so they had to order it in), but they were disgustingly slow so I cancelled that order and got it through one of the “used and new” sellers… and it arrived by the time Amazon would have barely even managed to get the order packaged.
- Paperback: 328 pages
- Publisher: Wiley-Blackwell; 4 edition (June 24, 2002)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0632059982
- ISBN-13: 978-0632059980
- Product Dimensions: 9.5 x 6.6 x 0.7 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.5 pounds
Note: This ebook is intended for promotional use only. We strongly recommend you to delete it from your computer within 24 hours. If you love this book, you should buy it’s newest Edition (5 edition April 26, 2011) from Amazon.