- Ram S. Nanda, BDS, DDS, MS, PhD, Professor Emeritus, Department of Orthodontics, College of Dentistry, University of Oklahoma, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma;
- Yahya S. Tosun, DDS, PhD, Private Practice, Dubai, United Arab Emirates, Former Professor, Department of Orthodontics, University of Aegea, Izmir, Turkey.
Though comprehensive diagnosis and treatment planning set the stage for effective orthodontic treatment, it is a clear understanding of the fundamental biomechanical principles behind orthodontic force that allows the clinician to design the most favorable appliances and systems. Correct application of the principles of biomechanics leads to highly efficient and successful orthodontic treatment; a lack of proper understanding produces ineffectual systems that may even lead to collateral tissue damage. In addition, knowledge about the properties of the latest wire, bracket, and bonding materials and designs is a key factor in the configuration of successful orthodontic appliances. This essential book introduces students of orthodontics to the evolution of orthodontic technology and the properties of orthodontic materials, and outlines the essential mechanical principles behind successful orthodontic treatment.
- Hardcover: 168 pages
- Publisher: Quintessence Pub Co; 1 edition (June 30, 2010)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0867155051
- ISBN-13: 978-0867155051
- Product Dimensions: 11.1 x 8.7 x 0.7 inches
- Shipping Weight: 2 pounds
Dental eBooks’ Library