Local Flaps in Facial Reconstruction
Shan R. Baker, MD, FACS, Professor and Chief, Division of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, DO Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery, Director, Center for Facial Cosmetic Surgery, UO Michigan, US
Zeros in on the knowledge you need to achieve the best results for the full range of facial flap procedures; includes perspectives from otolaryngologists, dermatologists, ophthalmologists, and plastic surgeons, to help you take all of these considerations into account in treatment planning.
- Better understand the anatomy, physiology, and biomechanics of the skin so you can make the most effective clinical decisions.
- New authors, new procedures, and new cases make this book all you need to produce controlled, predictable, and aesthetically pleasing results.
- Watch clips of key surgical procedures from the book, including reconstructive surgery of the nose and lip, with the included DVD.
- Implement the latest techniques with new chapters on Paramedian Forehead Flaps and Management of Vascular Abnormalities
- Quickly address and treat any potential surgical complication with an expanded section on adjunctive surgery.
REVIEW OF THE LAST EDITION:
“This is an excellent book and I highly recommend it as an addition to the physician’s library.”-International Journal of Cosmetic Surgery and Aesthetic Dermatology
The Bible of Facial Flaps March 6, 2010
This text is simply the best text available for comprehensive local flap reconstruction in the head and neck. If you do these procedures, get this text. This edition included eye lid reconstruction. You will not be disappointed. Also, the design and photos are a thing of beauty. Thank you Shan Baker.
Many years of experience October 27, 2009
Dr Baker is an ENT surgeon practicing facial plastic surgery. With this second edition he shares with the readers his many years of operative experience with fine case presentations. My personal oppinion is that one can never own to many books, especially when it comes to operative technique and case solutions. Overall the book is beutifully illustrated and contains many excellent flap designes and clever solutions that actually work. Dr Baker is a skilful surgeon and has a wide experience in small flap surgery of the face. His strong areas are the ear and nose and the nasolabial flap, forehead and glabellar flap. Oculoplastics are better covered elsewhere and microsurgery and distant flaps does not belong to this publication in my oppinion. This is a good flap book that I can recommend to anyone confronted by surgical defects in the head and neck area. If one had to chose just one book I would recommend Ian Jacksons lokal flaps of the head and neck as my first choice for the same price as it contains all the basic and more advanced flaps and skips out the confusing and often unnessessary variations that propably caused more problems then they solved. The DVD is a nice addition but doesn’t add a whole lot to the book.
Good illustration December 16, 2011
This book is well organized. Particularly, the illustration is excellent. Operation procedure is relatively well described. However, some detail is lack.
- Hardcover: 820 pages
- Publisher: Mosby; 2 edition (September 7, 2007)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0323036848
- ISBN-13: 978-0323036849
- Product Dimensions: 11.3 x 8.9 x 1.7 inches
- Shipping Weight: 6.2 pounds
Dental eBooks’ Library