David P. Cappelli, DMD, MPH, PhD, Associate Professor, DO Community Dentistry; UO Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio Diplomate, American Board of Dental Public Health;
Connie Chenevert Mobley, PhD, AD, Professor, DO Community Dentistry; UO Nevada Las Vegas
- Discusses risk-based approaches to prevent problems such as caries, periodontal disease, and oral cancer.
- Topics are written at a level that can be understood by both practicing dental health team members and by dental hygiene and dental students so strategies can be applied to better understand the patient’s risk for oral disease and how to prevent future disease.
- Identifies the barriers, oral health care needs, and preventive strategies for special populations such as children, the elderly, and the physically or mentally disabled.
- Explores the development of a culturally sensitive dental practice and strategies to make the dental environment more welcoming to individuals with different cultural backgrounds.
- Discusses how to gather patient information, the synthesis of the patient’s data, and the application of the information collected in order to evaluate the patient’s risk for disease.
- Paperback: 312 pages
- Publisher: Mosby; 1 edition (October 26, 2007)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0323036953
- ISBN-13: 978-0323036955
- Product Dimensions: 10.8 x 8.4 x 0.6 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.6 pounds
Dental eBooks’ Library