H. Ric Harnsberger, MD, Professor of Radiology/Neuroradiology, R.C. Willey Chair in Neuroradiology, UO Utah School of Medicine
Authored by one of the world’s preeminent authorities in its field, this new book represents today’s best single source of guidance on head and neck diagnostic imaging! It presents more details for each diagnosis · more representative images · more case data · and more current references than any other reference tool. At the same time, its user-friendly format lets readers access all of this information remarkably quickly!
- Covers the top diagnoses in head and neck imaging, including both common and uncommon entities.
- Begins each section with a unique chapter on critical anatomical and imaging issues; a clear and concise, contemporary and practical approach covers relevant terminology, spatial anatomy and imaging issues, embryology, and differential diagnoses, both general and specific.
- Provides exquisitely reproduced imaging examples for every diagnosis-plus concise, bulleted summaries of terminology · imaging findings · key facts · differential diagnosis · pathology · clinical issues · a diagnostic checklist · and selected references.
- Includes an extensive image gallery for each entity, depicting common and variant cases.
- Offers vivid, full-color anatomy and pathology drawings.
- Displays a “thumbnail” visual differential diagnosis for each entity.
“This is a textbook for the Information Age…The book’s ‘unique bulleted format’ accomplishes everything a highlighter does, and more.” -Jane L. Weissman, MD, FACR; Professor of Radiology, Otolaryngology, and Ophthalmology; Oregon Health and Science University
“[A] comprehensive and wonderfully illustrated text. The strength of this text lies in the extensive information and easy to navigate format. I highly recommend this book to the practicing neuroradiologist or the advanced trainee preparing for the neuroradiology CAQ exam.” -AuntMinnie.com, Jan. 2005
“Although written primarily for radiologists,…the quality of the illustrations and the comprehensive, well-organized review of the included material should make this book particularly attractive to neurotologists and head and neck oncology surgeons, as well as to otolaryngology academic department libraries.” -Annals of Otology, Rhinology, & Laryngology, 2005
“Diagnostic Imaging: Brain, Diagnostic Imaging: Spine, and Diagnostic Imaging: Head & Neck…present the reader with a remarkable set of beautifully illustrated and highly educational textbooks.
“[T]he color illustrations alone are worth the price of admission, not only because they convey the essentials of the diagnosis, but also because they spectacularly correlate with the CT and MR images…Buy this set of three books, recommend them to all those in neurosciences, make sure your departmental library has every one of the volumes, and refer to them often.”- AJNR Aug. 2005
“Diagnostic Imaging: Head and Neck is the third volume of the Diagnostic Imaging series by Amirsys, Inc.”
“There are four general sections: I) Temporal Bone and Skull Base; II) Orbit, Nose, and Sinuses; III) Suprahyoid and Infrahyoid Neck; and IV) Pediatric and Transspatial Lesions. In each section, the disease processes are described with special attention paid to terminology and imaging findings, both computerized tomography and magnetic resonance imaging, with references to required sequences. The book may be of assistance to the clinician interested in having a more informed dialogue with his consultant radiologists.”
“It will hopefully be available in many libraries| Skull base surgeons or those involved in the training of residents may want to have one handy in their deparment.” Journal of Neurosurgery, January 2006
Excellent Resource, Well OrganizedNovember 29, 2007
- Hardcover: 992 pages
- Publisher: AMIRSYS; 1 edition (October 20, 2004)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0721628907
- ISBN-13: 978-0721628905
- Product Dimensions: 11.3 x 8.5 x 1.7 inches
- Shipping Weight: 6.8 pounds
Note: Only Gold member can download this ebook. Learn more here!