Lakshman Samaranayake, DSc(h.c.) DDS BDS FRCPath FHKCPath FDSRCSE(Hon) FCDSHK FHKAM(Path) FHKAM(DSurg) MIBiol, Dean and Chair, Professor of Oral Microbiology, Faculty of Dentistry, The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong; Honorary Professor, Eastman Dental Institute for Oral Health Care Sciences, University of London, London, UK
- Comprehensive but concise coverage of general microbiology, immunology, microbes and infections of relevance to dentistry, oral microbiology, and cross-infection and control.
- Careful integration of clinical dentistry throughout, bringing the subject alive for the dental student and facilitating the new problem-based learning curricula used in many dental schools.
- Covers both general and oral microbiology in one book.
- Key Fact boxes, tables, colour illustrations, and concise text make the book easy to use and learn from.
- Total update of the text.
- New question-and-answer sections for self-review at the end of each chapter.
- New sections on uncultivable bacteria, biofilms, emerging infections, SARS coronavirus infection, avian flu, prion diseases, drug resistant bacteria and the latest American and British recommendations on infection control procedures.
- New material on advances in molecular biology relevant to infectious diseases and on new taxonomy and nomenclature.
- Paperback: 372 pages
- Publisher: Churchill Livingstone; 3 edition (September 26, 2006)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0443100799
- ISBN-13: 978-0443100796
- Product Dimensions: 11.7 x 0.7 x 8.3 inches
- Shipping Weight: 2.5 pounds
Note: This ebook is intended for promotional use only. We strongly recommend you to delete it from your computer within 24 hours. If you love this book, you should buy it’s newest Edition from Amazon.