Lakshman Samaranayake, DSc(h.c.) DDS BDS FRCPath FHKCPath FDSRCSE(Hon) FCDSHK FHKAM(Path) FHKAM(DSurg) MIBiol, Dean and Chair, Professor of Oral Microbiology, Faculty of Dentistry, The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong; Honorary Professor, Eastman Dental Institute for Oral Health Care Sciences, University of London, London, UK
- Comprehensive but concise coverage of general microbiology, immunology, microbes and infections of relevance to dentistry, oral microbiology, and cross-infection and control.
- Careful integration of clinical dentistry throughout, bringing the subject alive for the dental student and facilitating the new problem-based learning curricula used in many dental schools.
- Covers both general and oral microbiology in one book.
- Key Fact boxes, tables, colour illustrations, and concise text make the book easy to use and learn from.
- Total update of the text.
- New question-and-answer sections for self-review at the end of each chapter.
- New sections on uncultivable bacteria, biofilms, emerging infections, SARS coronavirus infection, avian flu, prion diseases, drug resistant bacteria and the latest American and British recommendations on infection control procedures.
- New material on advances in molecular biology relevant to infectious diseases and on new taxonomy and nomenclature.
- Paperback: 372 pages
- Publisher: Churchill Livingstone; 3 edition (September 26, 2006)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0443100799
- ISBN-13: 978-0443100796
- Product Dimensions: 11.7 x 0.7 x 8.3 inches
- Shipping Weight: 2.5 pounds
Dental eBooks’ Library