- Leon Barnes, MD is Professor of Pathology and Otolaryngology, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine and Chief, Division of Head and Neck Pathology, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center,
- Raja Seethala, MD, Assistant Professor of Pathology, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, and
- Simion I. Choisea, MD, Assistant Professor of Pathology, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine
Head and Neck PathologyThe head and neck is the site of some of the most diverse and histologically complex tumors in the human body. Within this small, highly specialized region, one finds a remarkable range of tissues, including skin, mucosal surfaces, soft tissue, bone, lymph nodes, peripheral and central nervous system tissue, paraganglia, endocrine organs, salivary glands and odontogenic structures. Compounding the issue, biopsies are often small, frequently distorted and difficult to orient for paraffin embedding, all of which impact evaluation and diagnosis, even for experienced pathologists.Head and Neck Pathology presents fifty cases for discussion and illustration. The cases have beeThe goal of this unique book is to provide detailed insight into a wealth of expert experience in such cases, with in-depth review of the expert’s analysis and diagnostic process supported by high-quality color photomicrographs and discussion of the diagnostic principles involved in evaluating these lesions.Head and Neck Pathology is essential reading for surgical pathologists, otolaryngologists and pathologists. In addition it will of interest to pathology and otolaryngology residents and fellows.
About the Series: The Consultant Pathology series is designed to disseminate the knowledge of expert surgical pathology consultants in the analysis and diagnosis of difficult cases to the full community of pathology practitioners. The volumes are based on actual consultations and presented in a format that illustrates the expert’s process of evaluating the case, including indications for consultation, the consultant’s findings and comment, and discussion of the entity that amplifies the case description. Each volume in the Consultant Pathology series is authored by international experts with extensive case experience in the areas covered.
- Hardcover: 216 pages
- Publisher: Demos Medical Publishing; First edition (October 26, 2010)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1933864818
- ISBN-13: 978-1933864815
- Product Dimensions: 8.5 x 0.7 x 11 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.8 pounds
Dental eBooks’ Library