- Professor Lars Andersson is Professor and Head of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at the Faculty of Dentistry, Kuwait University. He is Co Editor of the Textbook and Color Atlas of Traumatic Injuries to the Teeth and Traumatic Dental Injuries – A Manual. In addition, he is Editor-in-Chief of the journal Dental Traumatology.
- Professor Karl-Erik Kahnberg is Head of Department and Professor of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery at Gothenburg University, Sweden. He is also clinical director of the maxillofacial unit at the Public Dental Health University Clinics in Gothenburg.
- Professor M Anthony Pogrel is Professor and Chair of the Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at the University of California with a joint appointment in the Division of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery in the Department of Surgery.
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery is a comprehensive reference for all trainees and specialists in oral and maxillofacial surgery, oral surgery, and surgical dentistry. This landmark new resource draws together current research, practice and developments in the field, as expressed by world authorities. The book’s aim is to cover the full scope of oral and maxillofacial surgery, incorporating recent technical and biological developments within the specialty. It provides a uniquely international and contemporary approach, reflecting the exciting developments of technique and instrumentation within this surgical field, built on technical innovation and medical and dental research. Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery coalesces impressively broad and deep coverage of this surgical specialty into a cohesive and readable resource, identifying commonalities and shedding light on controversies through reasoned discussion and balanced presentation of the evidence.The Editors are joined by over 50 international experts, offering a truly global perspective on the full spectrum of issues in oral and maxillofacial surgery. The book’s coverage extends from basic principles such as patient evaluation, dental anesthesia, wound healing, infection control, and surgical instruments, to coverage of the complex areas of dentoalveolar surgery, oral pathologic lesions, trauma, implant surgery, dentofacial deformities, temporomandibular joint disorders, and salivary gland disorders. Where relevant, the book provides separate coverage of topics where practice differs significantly from region to region, such as general anesthesia.
- Comprehensive reference covering full scope of oral and maxillofacial surgery
- Covers state-of-art clinical practice, and the basic principles that underpin it
- Promotes an intellectually and internationally inclusive approach to oral and maxillofacial surgery
- Nearly 100 expert contributors brought together under the aegis of a renowned international editorial team
- Richly illustrated with medical artwork and clinical images
- Hardcover: 1312 pages
- Publisher: Wiley-Blackwell; 1 edition (September 14, 2010)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1405171197
- ISBN-13: 978-1405171199
- Product Dimensions: 12 x 8.4 x 2.3 inches
- Shipping Weight: 8.7 pounds
Note: This ebook is intended for promotional use only. We strongly recommend you to delete it from your computer within 24 hours. If you love this book, you should buy it’s newest Edition from Amazon.