- Mark Greenwood, MDS, PhD, FDS, FRCS, FRCS (OMFS), FHEA, Consultant and Honorary Clinical Professor, Newcastle University
- Ian Corbett, BDS, BSc, PhD, FDS (OS), RCS, Lecturer in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Newcastle University
Dental emergencies are common and require rapid response. Order today and keep readily accessible in your dental practice!
Filled with clinical examples and step-by-step procedures, Dental Emergencies covers the full range of both common and complex traumatic injuries, pain, and oral lesions.
From clinical examination and assessment of potential complications to key considerations in pain management, acute oral medical and surgical conditions, restorative emergencies, treating special needs patients, and beyond, you get a comprehensive reference that:
- distills essential information on dental emergencies
- offers succinct, practical instruction for immediate treatment
- highlights conditions for referral
- and much more!
From the Back Cover
This book is a clear and comprehensive guide to the treatment and management of dental emergencies in clinical practice. Written and edited by experts in the field, the book provides succinct step by step advice for dealing with a range of emergency situations. Beginning with examination and patient histories, it covers restorative emergencies, traumatic injuries and pain management with advice for treatment options including analgesia, surgery, and referrals.Dental Emergencies also includes chapters that focus on the treatment of special needs patients and the management of medical emergencies in the course of dental treatment with reference to specific case examples. Providing practical, clear advice and highly illustrated throughout, this book is an invaluable reference for all dental practices.
• A concise guide to managing dental emergencies in clinical practice
• Contains step-by-step procedures and clinical examples
• Provides thorough coverage of presentations of pain and pain management
• Includes key chapters on treating patients with special needs and dealing with medical emergencies occurring during dental treatment
• Fully illustrated throughout with colour photos
About the Author
Mark Greenwood is an NHS Consultant in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery as well as Honorary Clinical Professor of Medical Education in Dentistry at at the School of Dental Sciences at Newcastle University. Qualified in both medicine and dentistry, he has been published in many peer reviewed journals and has co-authored two books on general medicine and surgery for dental practitioners.
Ian Corbett is a Clinical Lecturer in Oral and Maxillofacial Sciences and Honorary Specialist Registrar in Oral Surgery at the School of Dental Sciences at Newcastle University.
- Paperback: 248 pages
- Publisher: Wiley-Blackwell; 1 edition (May 8, 2012)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0470673966
- ISBN-13: 978-0470673966
- Product Dimensions: 6.8 x 0.5 x 9.5 inches
- Shipping Weight: 15.5 ounces
Note: Only gold members can download this ebook. Learn more here!