- Angus C. Cameron, BDS(Hons), MDSc(Syd), FDSRCS(Eng), FRACDS, FICD, Head, Department of Paediatric Dentistry and Orthodontics, Westmead Hospital; Clinical Associate Professor and Head, Paediatric Dentistry, University of Sydney; Visiting Senior Specialist, Children’s Hospital at Westmead, Sydney, Australia; and
- Richard P. Widmer, BDSc(Hons), MDSc(Melb), FRACDS, FICD, Head, Department of Dentistry, Children’s Hospital at Westmead; Clinical Associate Professor, Paediatric Dentistry, University of Sydney; Senior Consultant, Paediatric Dentistry, Westmead Hospital, Sydney, Australia
Suitable for students and practitioners alike, HANDBOOK OF PEDIATRIC DENTISTRY – is a concise, practical and highly illustrated guide to the day-to-day management of child dental patients.
NEW TO THIS EDITION
- Completely updated throughout, with now over 450 illustrations
- Contains an expanded section on behavioral management techniques
- Includes the latest guidelines on fluoridation
- Includes new sections on cariology and tooth restoration
- Full reference to the latest international guidelines on trauma
- Includes new section on pulp therapy in primary teeth
- Contains an enhanced section on oral pathology and dental anomalies
- Edited by two of Australia’s most eminent clinicians and academics with established global reputations
- Endorsed by the Australasian Academy of Paediatric Dentistry
- Written in an accessible, easy-to-read manner to aid retention of facts
- Provides a source of essential and practical information, not always easy to find elsewhere
- Multi-contributor authorship ensures complete accuracy and currency of information in sub-specialist areas
- Translated into several languages – demonstrating the universal appeal of the volume!
- Designed specifically to give all practitioners confidence when managing children
- The convenient handbook size ensures that the book can be easily referred to in the clinical setting
“This book covers a lot of ground, is easy to navigate, points you elsewhere if you need more detail, and is enjoyable to read as well.Whether you are an undergraduate, a postgraduate or a general dental practitioner, this would be a useful text to have close at hand.”Primary Dental Care, April 2010
Good comprehensive Book on pedo, October 7, 2011
good read and easy to follow.
good tables and flowcharts in case of emergencies, traumas, abscesses, etc.
couple errors in Rx’s
no real info on tooth movement, uprighting (which is okay)
no real info on space maintenance, TPA, ling arches, band/loop (which is not)
The Best Pediatric Book available., December 27, 2010
The best Pediatric hand book available. They have all the best contributors too. Best of all the Price Very Affordable.
Handbook of Pediatric Dentistry, June 18, 2009
On page xiii Preface, it is quite meaningful to all of us. I write it here for your reference “a lot of players say you can’t play that course. That’s a bunch of junk. A good player can play any course. You adapt your game to the golf course. You don’t adapt the course to your game.” It is the spirit of dentistry. Can anyone of us take a few minutes of thinking what’s the feelig of visiting a dentist at her or his childhood especially at their first visit? I said that because I met before. The one changed my life and made me having a chance of reading this book. So, it is a good book. Keep it!
The book provides many clearly illustrations that are easily understand and very useful at practice.
There is a special chapter talking about pedo endodontics and writing so details. Moreover, a huge chapter of dental trauma of children give us references to handle the case if we meet.
- Paperback: 482 pages
- Publisher: Mosby; 3 edition (August 1, 2008)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0723434522
- ISBN-13: 978-0723434528
- Product Dimensions: 9.2 x 1 x 6.1 inches
- Shipping Weight: 2 pounds
Note: Only gold members can download this ebook. Learn more here!