- Alan B. Carr, DMD, MS, Professor, Department of Dental Specialties, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN and
- David T. Brown, DDS, MS, Vice Chairman, Department of Restorative Dentistry, School of Dentistry, Indiana University, Indianapolis, IN, USA
The leading prosthodontics resource for more than 40 years, McCracken’s Removable Partial Prosthodontics provides the information you need to successfully manage the replacement of missing teeth. It covers the basic principles of treatment planning and design, and discusses the newest techniques, procedures, and equipment. Well-known educators Alan B. Carr, DMD, MS, and David T. Brown, DDS, MS use an evidence-based approach that helps you diagnose, design, develop, and sequence a treatment plan. A new chapter in this edition explains how to select and use implants to improve prosthesis performance. From initial contact with the patient to post-treatment care, from basic concepts to advanced material, this full-color text provides a complete foundation in prosthodontic care.
NEW TO THIS EDITION
- Additional information on the use of implants includes:
- New Considerations for the Use of Dental Implants with Removable Partial Dentures chapter, on improving prosthesis performance through increasing functional stability
- New section on impact of implants on movements of partial denture
- New section on implants as a rest
- New section on implants as direct retainers
- New section on implant considerations in design
- New full-color drawings and photographs show techniques, materials, and anatomical detail more accurately.
- Colored boxes highlight the more advanced topics, so it’s easy to focus on content that’s appropriate for your level of experience.
- Evidence-based approach uses current research to help you diagnose, design, develop, and sequence a treatment plan.
- Various philosophies and techniques are presented, so you can select and incorporate applicable techniques on a case-by-case basis.
- Chapters are presented in three logically-sequenced sections to keep specific focus areas together:
- General Concepts/Treatment Planning
- Clinical and Laboratory
Good supplement, March 9, 2012
The book is a good supplement to my RPD class and is very easy to understand and explains things quite well.
A fundamental addition to any comprehensive medical library., February 17, 2011
This is quite honestly more than just a book, it is in certain respects an encyclopedic reference tool for any dental health care practitioner. The photographs and illustrations are exceptional, and the descriptive information is brilliant. Anyone interested in the field of dental prosthetics will find this to be a most interesting source of information, and for those involved professionally within the field of Prosthodontics, this is no doubt an invaluable professional resource.
- Hardcover: 400 pages
- Publisher: Mosby; 12 edition (June 22, 2010)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0323069908
- ISBN-13: 978-0323069908
- Product Dimensions: 8.5 x 0.8 x 11 inches
- Shipping Weight: 2.8 pounds
Note: Only premium users can download this ebook. Learn more here!