- Mark Greenwood BDS, MDS, PhD, FDSRCS, MB ChB, FRCS, FRCS(OMFS), FHEA, Consultant/Clinical Professor, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Unit, Newcastle Dental Hospital, Newcastle upon Tyne
- Robin A. Seymour BDS, PhD, FDSRCS (Ed and Eng), Honorary Consultant/Professor, School of Dental Sciences, Newcastle University, Newcastle upon Tyne
- John G. Meechan BDS, BSc, PhD, FDSRCPS, FDSRCS(Ed), Honorary Consultant/Senior Lecturer, School of Dental Sciences, Newcastle University, Newcastle upon Tyne
The Textbook of Human Disease in Dentistryis a comprehensive resource for all students of dentistry that provides uniquely integrated coverage of medicine, surgery, pharmacology, therapeutics, pathology and microbiology. It aims to provide its readers with the medical context of dentistry, to promote better understanding of how to provide effective dental treatment to patients affected by diseases and conditions.
The Textbook of Human Disease in Dentistry is structured around the systems of the body and includes chapters on immunological disease, cardiovascular diseases, respiratory medicine, gastroenterology, dermatology, musculoskeletal disorders and neurological and special senses. A key aspect of the book is the relevance of particular diseases and/or their drug treatment to dentistry and in turn to patient dental management. Additional chapters are therefore provided on topics such as clinical examination and history taking, inflammation and anti-inflammatory drugs, infection control, pain and anxiety control, and care of the elderly.
Filled with useful features and written in a lucid and accessible style, this book will provide its readers with a sound and accessible grounding in human diseases and their drug treatment and how they relate to dental care.
- Includes sections on all major diseases and conditions, describing aetiology, symptoms and treatment
- Places dentistry in a medical context, providing guidance on examination and treatment protocols
- Features information on drug treatment and planning dental care around it
- Illustrated with helpful clinical photographs, showing diseases and conditions
About the Author
Dr Mark Greenwood is a Consultant and Honorary Senior Lecturer in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery in Newcastle upon Tyne. He is qualified in both dentistry and medicine and has fellowships in Dental Surgery, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery and Surgery. A major interest is medical and dental education. He has written several publications in peer reviewed journals, mainly relating to medicine in dentistry and has published a book on the same subject.
Professor Robin Seymour is at the School of Dental Sciences, University of Newcastle upon Tyne. He has published 8 books on topics related to human diseases, especially in the area of pharmacology.
Likewise, Dr John Meechan has a similar profile. Other authors, Max Robinson, Iain Mcleod and Roger Jay provide input in the area of pathology, radiology and general medicine respectively.
- Paperback: 344 pages
- Publisher: Wiley-Blackwell; 1 edition (May 26, 2009)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1405170336
- ISBN-13: 978-1405170338
- Product Dimensions: 8.7 x 0.7 x 10.9 inches
- Shipping Weight: 2.3 pounds
Note: Only gold members can download this ebook. Learn more here!