- Michele Leonardi Darby, BSDH, MS, G.W. Hirschfield School of Dental Hygiene and Dental Assisting, College of Health Sciences, Old Dominion University, Norfolk, VA; Eminent Scholar and Graduate Program Director; and
- Margaret Walsh, RDH, MS, MA, EdD, Department of Public Health & Hygiene, University of California at San Francisco, San Francisco, CA
- Each section takes you from conceptual foundations of dental hygiene through patient assessment, treatment, and evaluation.
- Scenario boxes challenge you to integrate complex information as you assess, diagnose, plan care, and evaluate the outcome of care.
- Client Education Issues and Legal, Ethical and Safety Issues boxes inform you of the latest information in these important areas.
- Critical Thinking exercises provide opportunities for independent thought and problem solving.
- Tables and boxes build upon and simplify information from the text, making study and review quick and easy.
- Evolve website contains free online resources, including weblinks, self-assessment quizzes, and professional development worksheets for student review.
New to this Edition
- A reorganized section for Individuals with Special Needs includes chapters on Cleft Palate, Physical Abuse, Blood Diseases, and Mental Illness, all reflecting evidence-based research now available in these areas.
- New chapters on caries risk assessment and the oral-systemic health connection — hot topics in today’s dental sciences.
- New anesthesia guidelines keep you up to date with what’s new in pain and anxiety control.
- Essential resources and websites are now included at the end of each chapter for easy reference.
- New illustrations provide a fresh, reader-friendly design.
- Self-assessment quizzes are available online, all case-based to follow the NBDH format.
- Free online access to the Legal and Ethical Decision Making chapter, including an ‘asset center’ to assist you with clinical skills.
“Each chapter is well planned, very readable, beautifully and appropriately illustrated with excellent colour photographs and diagrams… I would recommend this as a valuable book for all members of the dental team to have on their bookshelf. It is clearly written and very informative, invaluable for students and a very useful reference book for those dental professionals, like me, whose student days are a distant memory.With continuing professional development high on the agenda these days, this publication is certainly a useful tool for refreshing and updating one’s knowledge.”Team in Practice, July 2010
- Dental Hygiene Theory and Practice December 24, 2010
- Hardcover: 1296 pages
- Publisher: Saunders; 3 edition (April 7, 2009)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1416053573
- ISBN-13: 978-1416053576
- Product Dimensions: 8.5 x 2 x 10.9 inches
- Shipping Weight: 9 pounds
Note: Only gold members can download this ebook. Learn more here!