- Keith L. Moore, MSc, PhD, FIAC, FRSM, FAAA, Professor Emeritus, Division of Anatomy, Department of Surgery, Faculty of Medicine, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada; Former Professor and Head, Department of Anatomy, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada; Former Professor and Chairman, Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada;
- T. V. N. Persaud, MD, PhD, DSc, FRCPath (Lond.), FAAA, Professor Emeritus and Former Head, Department of Human Anatomy and Cell Science; Professor of Pediatrics and Child Health; Associate Professor of Obstetrics, Gynecology, and Reproductive Sciences, Faculty of Medicine, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada; Professor of Anatomy and Embryology, St. George’s University, Grenada, West Indies and
- Mark G. Torchia, MSc, PhD, Associate Professor and Director of Development, Department of Surgery and Associate Professor, Department of Human Anatomy and Cell Sciences, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada; Director of Advanced Technologies, Winnipeg Regional Health Authority, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
The Developing Human: Clinically Oriented Embryology, by Drs. Keith L. Moore, T.V.N. Persaud, and Mark G. Torchia, delivers the world’s most complete, visually rich, and clinically oriented coverage of this complex subject. Written by some of the world’s most famous anatomists, it presents week-by-week and stage-by-stage views of how fetal organs and systems develop, why and when birth defects occur, and what roles the placenta and fetal membranes play in development. You can also access the complete contents online at www.studentconsult.com, along with 17 remarkable animations, downloadable illustrations, additional review questions and answers, and more.
- Access the full contents of the book online at www.studentconsult.com – as well as 17 remarkable animations that bring normal and abnormal embryological development to life, downloadable images, and hundreds of additional review questions and answers to test your mastery of the material.
- Acquire a detailed grasp of human embryology with the world’s most comprehensive, richly illustrated, and clinically oriented coverage from a cadre of leading world authorities.
- Effectively prepare for exams with review questions and answers at the end of each chapter.
New to this Edition
- Understand all of the latest advances in embryology, including normal and abnormal embryogenesis, causes of birth defects, and the role of genes in human development.
- See how discoveries in molecular biology have affected clinical practice, including the development of sophisticated new techniques such as recumbent DNA technology and stem cell manipulation.
- Prepare for the USMLE Step 1 with clinical case presentations, highlighted in special boxes, that demonstrate how embryology concepts relate to clinical practice.
- Paperback: 560 pages
- Publisher: Saunders; 9 edition (December 19, 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1437720021
- ISBN-13: 978-1437720020
- Product Dimensions: 10.8 x 8.4 x 0.9 inches
- Shipping Weight: 3 pounds
Note: Only gold members can download this ebook. Learn more here!