- Jill S. Nield-Gehrig RDH, MA, Asheville-Buncombe Technical Community College, Asheville. North Carolina
The seventh edition of Peridontal Instrumentationand Advanced Root Instrumentation continues in the tradition of bringing faculty and students everything they need to understand instrumentation and put knowledge into practice. Taking a highly visual, step-by-step approach, this title is an easy-to-use guide to learning this crucial component of dental hygiene. No other text offers such an array of features and topics, all presented by one of the most well-known authors in the dental hygiene field.
This new edition combines a focus on currency, with updated content to reflect new technologies and regulations in this field, as well as coupling the text with the robust and valuable ancillaries you have come to expect from Lippincott, Williams & Wilkins’ dental hygiene products.
Covering all necessary topics, this edition also features detailed information on:
- Design and use of advanced periodontal instruments
- Advanced instrumentation techniques
- Instrumentation of dental implants
- Ultrasonic instrumentation with modern precision-thin instrument tips
- Modifications to “standard” techniques: hyper-extended joints, standing to work on patient that cannot be placed in a supine (flat) position
- Air polishing
New to This Edition
- NEW! Additional photographs and added content in topics that are new or evolving in dental hygiene!
- Module outlines at the beginning of each chapter make it easier to locate specific texts within the section, and provides an organizational framework for the material
- Learning objectives assist students in recognizing and studying important concepts in each chapter.
- A Step-by-step format allows the learner to work independently and at his or her own pace—fostering student autonomy and decision-making skills
- Key terms are listed at the start of each module to help students learn and understand a whole new dental vocabulary as they move through the text.
- Study aids, including —boxes, tables, and flow charts—visually highlight and reinforce important content and permit quick reference during technique practice and at-home review.
- Critical thinking activities—in the Practical Focus sections of the book—encourage students to apply concepts to clinical situations, facilitate classroom discussion, and promote the development of student problem-solving skills.
- Case-based patient experiences allow students to apply instrumentation concepts to patient cases
- The glossary of instrumentation terms provides quick access to instrumentation terminology Skill evaluation checklists guide student practice, promote student self-assessment skills, and provide benchmarks for faculty evaluation of skill attainment.
Note: Only Gold member can download this ebook. Learn more here!
Dental eBooks’ Library