Birte Melsen, Professor and Head, Department of Orthodontics; School of Dentistry, Aarhus University in Aarhus, Denmark
This is a major new work dedicated to the increasingly prominent area of adult orthodontics. Written by renowned contributors from the orthodontic community and beyond, and compiled by a world-class editor, it provides an authoritative resource on the subject, marrying together clinical guidance with a thorough evaluation of the evidence base. The opening chapters provide the context for adult orthodontics, including patient demographics and aetiology, and the book goes on to detail treatment planning considerations, including patient case profiles, suggesting initial outcomes and longer term expectations. Interdisciplinary and multidisciplinary approaches are discussed, including the links between adult orthodontics and periodontics, prosthetics and temporomandibular disorders. The book is accompanied by a website containing further examples of case studies and a wealth of clinical images.
Set to become the gold standard resource on the subject, this book will be invaluable to all those providing orthodontic treatment to adults and those dealing with orthodontics as part of the inter-disciplinary management of the adult dentition.
New to This Edition
- New icons speed you to important information on indications, considerations, and contraindications for nitrous oxide.
- The latest information on biohazards provides current guidelines for proper monitoring.
- Increased content on pediatric sedation enables you to provide specialized care to younger patients.
- Expanded art program, including integral sections of color-coded equipment, improving your understanding of proper handling and procedures.
- Additional step-by-step photos highlight the most current techniques and equipment.
- A major new work on an expanding area of orthodontic treatment
- Covers patient demographics, aetiology, treatment planning and maintenance issues
- Includes case studies, suggesting realistic and optimal short and long term outcomes
- Highly illustrated with full colour clinical photos
- Accompanied by a website with further material: www.wiley.com/go/melsen
Note: Only Gold member can download this ebook. Learn more here!
Dental eBooks’ Library