- Declan Millett, BDSc DDS FDSRCPS FDSRCS DOrthRCSEng MOrthRCSEng, Professor of Orthodontics, University Dental School and Hospital, University College Cork, Ireland
- Richard Welbury, MB BS BDS PhD FDSRCSEng FDSRCPS FRCPCH, Professor of Paediatric Dentistry, Glasgow Dental School, Glasgow, Scotland
Clinical Problem Solving in Orthodontics and Paediatric Dentistry 2e provides a unique step-by-step guide to differential diagnosis and treatment planning. The popular format helps readers combine different dental procedures into a rational plan of treatment for patients who may have several a number of different dental problems requiring attention.
This is a second edition of a hugely successful practical resource in orthodontics and paediatric dentistry – ideal for undergraduate dental students and post-graduates preparing for the MJDF and similar exams.
New to This Edition
- Includes orthodontic sections on severe crowding, additional canine problems, bilateral crossbite covering the use of temporary anchorage devices, incisor root resorption from an impacted maxillary canine, cone beam CT, tooth-size discrepancy assessment, transposition, RME, SARPE and self-ligating brackets
- Includes paedriatric dentistry sections on the use of CPP-ACP, indirect pulp caps, caries diagnosis systems, minimally invasive techniques, and the importance of caries risk assessment and appropriate fluoride prescription, and mechanisms for how flouride works.
- Focuses on clinical problem-solving in orthodontics and paediatric dentistry – two closely-related topics that are usually separated into different volumes.
- Provides practical help with treatment planning, guiding the reader through the process of safe and effective decision-making.
- Provides two different approaches to the clinical cases – some topics include scenarios with questions and answers; others include differential diagnosis with a focus on how to plan and manage treatment effectively.
- Uses ‘key-point” Evidence-Based’ boxes systematically to emphasise core knowledge for assessment and provide a rationale for treatment approaches.
- Contains valuable ‘mind-maps’, which helps the reader consolidate information prior to exams.
Note: Only Gold member can download this ebook. Learn more here!
Dental eBooks’ Library