- Christopher Sproat, BDS(Lond), FDSRCS(Eng), MB, BS(Hons)(Lond), Lecturer in Human Disease, Department of Oral Surgery, GKT Dental Institute, London, UK;
- Georgina Burke, Research Fellow in Neurology, Oxford, UK
- Mark McGurk, Professor, Department of Oral Surgery, GKT Dental Institute, London, UK
A concise pocketbook for dental students and general dental practitioners, covering general medicine and the implications of medical conditions for dental practice.
- Concentrates on the essential core of knowledge on human disease needed by the dentist.
- Focuses on the implications of conditions and drug treatment for dental practice, with important practice points emphasized in boxes.
- Uses standardised headings for each condition and concise text to make instant reference easy in clinical situations.
- Provides comprehensive coverage of relevant conditions from cardiovascular and respiratory disease through to psychiatric disorders, extremes of age and pregnancy.
- Covers an area that has considerable medicolegal relevance for today’s dentists – failure to take account of pre-existing conditions or drug treatments may lead to litigation.
- Includes procedures for dealing with medical emergencies in the dental surgery are described.
- Illustrated in full colour.
Note: Only Gold member can download this ebook. Learn more here!
Dental eBooks’ Library