- Laurie K. McCauley, DDS, PhD is the William K. and Mary Anne Najjar Professor and Chair of the Department of Periodontics and Oral Medicine, and Professor in the Department of Pathology at the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor, Michigan.
- Martha J. Somerman, DDS, PhD, formerly Dean and Professor, University of Washington School of Dentistry, is currently the Director of the National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research, and Chief, Laboratory for Oral Connective Tissue Biology, National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases at the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, Maryland.
Mineralized Tissues in Oral and Craniofacial Scienceis a major comprehensive update on knowledge in the field of mineralized tissues in the oral and craniofacial region. Drs. McCauley and Somerman assembled an international team of researchers and clinicians, offering a global perspective on the current knowledge in this field. Basic and clinical correlates reinforce the significance of research to clinical diagnoses and therapies, written in a manner that lends easily to their use for case study teaching venues.Section 1 features the many aspects of bone in the craniofacial region, including embryology, cell biology, and stem cell biology. Section 2 focuses on teeth-tooth development, dentin, enamel, cementum, and tooth regeneration. Section 3 discusses the interaction between bones and teeth, including those associated with inflammatory processes, periodontal ligaments, biomechanics, and other impact factors-such as nutrition, metabolic bone diseases and therapeutic modalities.
The novel approach of linking the basic principles of the cell and molecular biology of hard tissues to clinical correlates will appeal to readers at all levels of their research careers, both students and faculty; faculty interested in a comprehensive text for reference; and clinicians interested in the biologic aspects of bones and teeth.
- Clinical correlates link research in the lab to the patient in the chair
- Comprehensive overview of latest research in hard tissues of the oral and craniofacial regions
- International contributors provide a global perspective on the latest research and clinical correlates linked with mineralized tissues
- Downloadable photographs available at wiley.com for academic presentation purposes
Note: Only Gold member can download this ebook. Learn more here!
Dental eBooks’ Library