- Eric Whaites, MSc, BDS(Hons), FDSRCS(Edin), FDSRCS(Eng), FRCR, DDRRCR, Senior Lecturer and Honorary Consultant in Dental Radiology, Head of the Department of Dental Radiological Imaging, King’s College London Dental Institute at Guy’s, King’s College and St Thomas’ Hospitals, London, UK
This beautifully produced atlas is a revised translation of a second edition German work published in 2008 (Georg Thieme Verlag). – Book News
Experts from around the world present a comprehensive overview of the clinical practice of endodontology, featuring the most up-to-date information on how to treat problems of the inner tooth, the pulp, and of the tissues surrounding the root. The authors provide detailed coverage of all common endodontic procedures documented with full-color illustrations that demonstrate the various steps of each treatment.
The atlas opens with a solid introduction to the basic science and general principles of endodontic pathobiology, microbiology, diagnosis, imaging, anatomy, anesthesia, and emergency care. Separate sections then guide the reader through instruments and materials, root canal treatment, instrumentation and filling, and postendodontic measures, plus other key topics such as endodontic surgery, traumatology, and outcomes.
The second edition of this successful textbook offers support for learners and continues to provide a significant reference text suitable for all Dental Care Professionals. Offering a clear, easy-to-follow, comprehensive account of all aspects of dental radiography essential to this group of professionals, this book is an important resource that renders it essential reading, particularly for those undertaking examinations in Dental Radiography.
New to This Edition
- Digital imaging techniques are embedded in the main text and a short chapter on Cone Beam CT has been added to render the book fully compatible with recent changes in practice
- Presents the subject in an accessible format – highly illustrated, with short paragraphs, bulleted lists and flow diagrams
- Clear line diagrams help readers learn to interpret the radiographs
- Contains what the dental care professional needs to know and no more, i.e. basic principles of background science, practical details of radiography and an elementary account of radiological interpretation
- Written by the best known UK textbook author in the subject area, who has been heavily involved in the British Dental Association’s highly successful on-line course in dental radiography dental nurses
Note: Only Gold member can download this ebook. Learn more here!
Dental eBooks’ Library