- Mea A. Weinberg, DMD, MSD, RPh, Diplomate of the American Board of Periodontology, Clinical Associate Professor, Department of Periodontology and Implant Dentistry, New York University College of Dentistry, New York, New York
- Stuart J. Froum, DDS , Diplomate of the American Board of Periodontology, Clinical Professor and Director of Clinical Research, Department of Periodontology and Implant Dentistry, New York University College of Dentistry, New York, New York
2013 Tittle!!! So hot!!!
The Dentist’s Drug and Prescription Guide is written for dental professionals seeking quick advice on prescribing medications for their patients. Using an easy to read question-and-answer format, the text describes evidenced based pharmacologic therapy with current and up-to-date references regarding adjunctive pharmacologic treatment of the dental patient. Drug therapy for each dental discipline including periodontics, implantology, oral surgery, and endodontics is included, with recommendations for pharmacologic treatment with periodontal and implant surgery as well as treatment of periodontal diseases, dental pain, and infections.
- Easy-to-follow drug tables summarize the main pharmacologic features of the different disciplines but also allow the reader to review the key drugs and theories at a quick glance
- Article references as guidelines to follow in decision-making
- Sample prescriptions
- Instructions and guidelines for the patient on how to take the drugs
- Extensive easy to follow tables on drug interactions in the dental practice including management prevention of these interactions
- Oral manifestations of drug reactions and manage strategies
- Guidelines for prescribing for pregnant, pediatric, and medically compromised patients
Note: Only Gold member can download this ebook. Learn more here!
Dental eBooks’ Library