- Jill Mason MPH, RDH, Oregon Health and Science University, School of Dentistry, Portland, OR
Written specifically for dental hygienists, this comprehensive textbook covers concepts, issues, techniques, and methods related to dental public health. It focuses on the assessment of factors that affect oral health of populations and the development of policy in response to a population’s needs. It also provides information regarding the active promotion of oral health maintenance.
This text is unique in that it applies the Dental Hygiene Process of Care – a globally accepted, foundational concept in clinical care for dental hygienists – to the subject of dental public health, lending it greater relevance and familiarity to dental hygiene students. In addition, the text is based on the American Association of Dental Educators’ Competencies for Dental Hygienists. A chapter on National Board Preparation, including Board-style review questions, prepares students for the national exam. Review questions and learning activities are also incorporated into each chapter.
- NEW! Recurring puzzle motif at the beginning of each chapter indicates which steps in the Dental Public Health Program Development Cycle (which is based on the Dental Hygiene Process of Care model – Assessment, Diagnosis, Planning, Implementation, Evaluation, Documentation) are covered in the chapter and makes the concepts more relevant to students, all of whom should be familiar with the Process of Care.
- Fully updated to reflect current terminology and new developments in dental public health
- Increased reference to health literacy, new trends, and alternative providers and models for healthcare delivery
- Biostatistics chapter revised to simplify content and make it more understandable
- New appendix listing relevant American Association of Dental Educators’ Competencies for Dental Hygienists for each chaptera unique feature among the competition. These were formerly at the beginning of each chapter but have been moved to an Appendix so they can be updated when ADEA revises the competencies in 2010.
- Review questions at the end of each chapter and board-style review questions in the last section of the book help prepare students for the national exam.
- Review questions and learning activities within each chapter provide ample material for in-class or individual review and study.
Note: Only Gold member can download this ebook. Learn more here!
Dental eBooks’ Library