- Melanie Mitchell CDA, BGS, Dental Assistant Program, Wichita Area Technical College, Wichita, KS
Dental Instruments: A Pocket Guide to Identification is a pocket guide for dental assisting students for quick reference and review of dental instruments, their uses, their placement on a tray, and their different varieties. This pocket guide is used while in clinical courses, during clinical internships, as a review companion to clinical courses, and is a resource for students to take with them to their first job. Unique to this title is the companion student resources CD-ROM in the back of the book, which provides the student with an interactive learning experience. The CD-ROM includes an image bank, interactive tray set-ups, crossword puzzles, student quizzes, and more games and activities for self-study. Dental assisting faculty has the challenge of simulating a clinical environment and making a student comfortable and confident before they are with a patient in a real clinical setting. This text with the companion CD-ROM does just that.
- NEW: Full color photographs and design
- NEW: A more comprehensive look, with new units of study for instruments used in:
- Diagnosis and Treatment Planning
- The Dental Laboratory
- Dental Radiography
- Infection Control
- NEW: This Second Edition will be your student’s go-to reference, with enhanced with updated technology, related equipment, tray set-ups for numerous dental procedures, and in-use photos and diagrams.
- Includes Tray Set-Up for each instrument, which gives students practical information of on which tray an instrument is placed
- Varieties of each instrument, which introduces students to the different varieties that exist for an instrument that they will encounter
- Flashcard style format, which can be used in the classroom and for independent study as the student masters identification of the instruments used in all areas of dentistry
Note: Only Gold member can download this ebook. Learn more here!
Dental eBooks’ Library