- Joel H. Berg, DDS, MS, Department of Pediatric Dentistry, University of Washington School of Dentistry, Seattle, WA 98195
- Rebecca L. Slayton, DDS, PhD, Department of Pediatric Dentistry, The University of Iowa College of Dentistry, Iowa City, IA 52242
In 2000, the US Surgeon General announced that dental caries is a “silent epidemic” and the most prevalent disease affecting children. Though much has been written on the science and practice of managing this disease, publications are diverse in their loci preventing easy access to the reader. Early Childhood Oral Health coalesces all important information related to this important topic in a comprehensive reference for students, academics, and practioners. In addition to the latest information about preventing childhood caries, other topics include public health approaches to managing caries worldwide, implementation of new prevention programs, fluoride regimens, and new technologies in caries risk assessment. A must-read for pediatric dentists, cariologists,public health dentists, and students in these fields, Early Childhood Oral Health is also relevant for pediatricians and pediatric nursing specialists worldwide.
- Coalesces information on early childhood oral health into one accessible source
- Detailed discussion of early childhood caries
- Full discussion of other factors affecting pediatric oral health
- Fuses impressive scholarship with clinical pragmatism
Note: Only Gold member can download this ebook. Learn more here!
Dental eBooks’ Library