- John W. Werning, M.D., D.M.D., Assistant Professor, Department of Otolaryngology, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida
The definitive reference for diagnosing and managing oral cancer
Oral Cancer: Diagnosis, Management, and Rehabilitation provides readers with a systematic review of the diagnostic and treatment principles that maximize the outcomes of patients who have been diagnosed with oral cancer. Written by authorities in the fields of head and neck surgical oncology, radiation oncology, reconstructive surgery, dentistry, and oral and maxillofacial surgery, this textbook provides clinicians with a unified management philosophy that is firmly based upon the best available evidence in the peer-reviewed literature. In-depth clinical reviews of preferred treatment approaches and reconstructive techniques for each oral mucosal site facilitate the development of effective treatment strategies that are tailored to the location and extent of the lesion. The book describes the interrelationship between the site of oral cancer involvement and its impact on outcomes, such as local-regional cancer control and quality of life following treatment.
- Insightful reviews of controversial clinical issues, such as the management of early mandibular invasion and the clinically negative neck
- Step-by-step descriptions of surgical techniques which improve access to particular regions of the oral cavity, permit the resection of tumors with minimal morbidity, and result in optimal reconstructive outcomes
- Exhaustive coverage of topics that have heretofore received limited attention in textbooks devoted to oral cancer, including the evaluation and management of oral premalignant lesions, osseointegrated implantation and dental implant imaging, and orofacial pain
- Educational photographs and illustrations highlighting important teaching points and critical nuances in surgical technique
Ideal for reading cover-to-cover, this book is both an indispensable reference for experienced clinicians and an essential educational tool for residents and other members of the multidisciplinary oral cancer team.
Note: Only Gold member can download this ebook. Learn more here!
Dental eBooks’ Library