- John A Molinari PhD, Professor and Chairman, Department of Biomedical Sciences, School of Dentistry, University of Detroit Mercy, Detroit, MI
- Jennifer A Harte DDS, MS, Director, Professional Services, USAF Dental Evaluation and Consultation Service, Great Lakes, IL
Now in its Third Edition, this book is a primary, comprehensive infection control text for students in the dental professions. Using the latest scientific and clinical evidence and current infection control guidelines, the book presents easy-to-follow protocols as components of a basic infection control routine. This Third Edition has been thoroughly updated and contains more photographs and tables. A glossary of terminology and acronyms appears at the beginning of each chapter.
- Thoroughly updated and revised reflecting the latest technological advances in dentistry and infection control and dealing with the most recent infectious disease threats.
- New findings on the microbiology of airborne infectious diseases and the lastest health care recommendations for their prevention.
- Latest scientific and clinical information on viral hepatitis HIV infection, and AIDS.
- Expanded discussions on infectious diseases transmitted by respiratory droplets and aerosols, including tuberculosis and influenza.
- New guidelines for keeping dental unit waterlines safe.
- A greater emphasis on evidence with expanded sections citing scientific and clinical evidence and reinforcing the rationale for specific infection control practices and protocols.
- Glossary of terminology and acronyms at the beginning of each chapter.
Note: Only Gold member can download this ebook. Learn more here!
Dental eBooks’ Library