- Keiichi Sasaki, D.D.S., Ph.D., Dean and Professor
- Osamu Suzuki, Ph.D., M.Eng., Professor
- Nobuhiro Takahashi, D.D.S., Ph.D., Vice-Dean and Professor
Tohoku University Graduate School of Dentistry, 4-1 Seiryo-machi, Aoba-ku, Sendai 980-8575, Japan
Interface oral health science was founded on the concept that healthy oral function is maintained by biological and biomechanical harmony between three systems: oral tissues, parasitic oral microorganisms, and biomaterials. On that basis, dental caries, periodontal disease, and temporomandibular joint disorders may be regarded as interface disorders that result from a disruption in the intact interface of these systems. Interface oral health science encompasses the fields of dentistry and dental medicine, but also extends to general medicine, agriculture, biomaterials science, bioengineering, and pharmacology. This book is a compendium of the research presented at symposiums held in 2011 by the Tohoku University Graduate School of Dentistry and by the Forsyth Institute. Its publication is intended provide further impetus for the progress of oral science and health, pointing the way for dental research for future generations.
- Describes the latest advances in interface oral health science
- Encompasses the fields of dentistry and dental medicine, but also extends to general medicine, agriculture, biomaterial science, bioengineering, and pharmacology
- A compendium of the research presented at symposiums held in 2011 by the Tohoku University Graduate School of Dentistry and by The Forsyth Institute
Note: Only Gold member can download this ebook. Learn more here!
Dental eBooks’ Library