- Lippincott Williams & Wilkins
Dental assistants have to work as part of a team every day to provide patients with the best possible care and ensure that the dental office runs smoothly. As an instructor, you prepare students to have the skills and abilities they will need to be a successful part of this dental team. As a publisher, we play a role on this team as well, by providing the tools and materials you need to educate new dental assistants. We have actively listened to dental assistants, faculty, and students discuss their textbook needs, and have created a better dental assisting textbook, one that brings the voice of the dental assistant and dental team to the resources used in your classroom.
This text includes several distinctive features to help maintain interest and engage students more deeply in the learning process, including:
- Voice of Experience: Insider tips from an experienced dental assistant relating real-life expertise gained on the job.
- From the Dentist’s Perspective: Insight from the dentist’s point of view on the actions or characteristics he or she finds desirable in a dental assistant.
- Extra Patient Care: Sage advice on how to go the extra mile in assisting the patient, including tips on patient education and patient-centered care.
- Dental Facts: Fun dental factoids and statistics, with topics ranging from historical developments to interesting beliefs about the teeth or past dental curiosities.
- Check Your Ethics: Brief scenarios involving ethical dilemmas that dental assistants commonly encounter in practice, followed by several critical thinking questions.
- Apply It: Brief patient care scenarios followed by two or three questions requiring students to apply the knowledge they’ve gained from the chapter.
- Certification Examination Preparation: Box at the end of each chapter that highlights the items to review for the DANB certification exam.
- Procedures: Approximately 150 step-by-step, illustrated guides to performing essential clinical skills.
- Chapter Outlines, Chapter Checklists, Key Terms lists, and Chapter Highlights help students focus on main concepts.
- Checkpoints and Review Questions ensure that students grasp the material before moving on.
Note: Only Gold member can download this ebook. Learn more here!
Dental eBooks’ Library