- Mary Miller, MA(Ed), Principal, Education & Training (Accredited), Assessment Centre for Dental Nurses, Eastman Dental Institute and Hospital, London, UK
- Crispian Scully, CBE MD PhD MDS MRCS BSc FDSRCS FDSRCPS FFDRCSI FDSRCSE FRCPath FMedSci FHEA FUCL DSc DChD DMed[HC] DrHC , Emeritus Professor, University College London, London, UK; Honorary Consultant University College London Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, HCA International Hospitals and Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children, London, UK
Mosby’s Textbook of Dental Nursing is a brand new comprehensive learning resource which has everything you need to know to perform safely and effectively in the clinical dental environment.
From the role of the dental nurse in initial assessment and treatment planning through to the care of the patient with complex medical needs, the book covers a wide range of issues dental nurses need to deal with on a day-to-day basis.
Highly illustrated throughout, Mosby’s Textbook of Dental Nursing explains anatomy and physiology and covers the full range of common oral diseases as they relate to dental nursing practice. Dental equipment, materials, drugs and procedures are clearly outlined together with a discussion of the role of the dental nurse in relation to oral health promotion, preventive dentistry and dental and medical emergencies. Chapters on registration requirements, ethical and legal issues relating to practice and further training and opportunities complete the picture.
Lots of diagrams, key point boxes and straightforward explanations ensure that Mosby’s Textbook of Dental Nursing will give you all you need to know to provide the highest level of patient care.
Prepared by leading authorities in the field, this book is ideal for candidates sitting the National Diploma in Dental Nursing or City and Guilds qualifications in Dental Nursing, as well as serving as a ready reference for fully qualified dental nurses and therapists in the hospital, community or general practice setting.
- Designed specifically for pre-registration dental nurses
- Prepared by authors of international renown
- Ideal for the National Diploma in Dental Nursing as well as City and Guilds qualifications
- An easy-to-read format to aid learning
- Over 150 illustrations and photographs bringing the subject to life!
- ‘Terms to learn’ boxes providing useful word definitions on the spot
- ‘Key points’ boxes highlighting core messages to be remembered
- ‘Identify and learn’ boxes to help you transfer your knowledge into the workplace
- Completely up-to-date with links to relevant websites
Note: Only Gold member can download this ebook. Learn more here!
Dental eBooks’ Library