- Sergio Gandolfo, MD, DDS, Professor and Head of the Department of Dentistry, S. Luigi University Hospital, Orbassano, Turin; Dean of the Postgraduate School in Oral Surgery and Master in Oral Medicine and Special Needs Care, University of Torino, Italy
- Crispian Scully, CBE, MD, PhD, MDS, MRCS, FDSRCS, FDSRCPS, FFDRCSI, FDSRCSE, FRCPath, FMedSci, FHEA, FUCL, DSc, DChD, DMed(HC), Dr HC, Professor of Special Care Dentistry, UCL – Eastman Dental Institute and Hospital, UK; Professor of Oral Medicine, Pathology and Microbiology, University of London, UK; Visiting Professor at Universities of Edinburgh, Helsinki, Middlesex and West of England, Honorary Consultant at University College Hospitals, London, UK; Great Ormond Street Hospital, London, UK; St Savvas Hospital, Athens, Greece; European Institute for Oncology, Milan, Italy
- Marco Carrozzo, MD, DSM(Turin), Professor and Chair of Oral Medicine, School of Dental Sciences, University of Newcastle-upon-Tyne, UK
This title has been authored by professionals working in Europe and uses a unique combination of systematic, methodical and concise easy-access text with superb color clinical photographs to help dental practitioners recognize the signs and symptoms of conditions affecting the soft tissues of the mouth (e.g. ulcers and oral cancer) as well as the oral effects of systemic diseases. Flowcharts also illustrate the processes of diagnosis and treatment and lists differential diagnoses by site and by symptom.
- Clearly describes and illustrates 76 oral conditions under standardized headings of clinical features, incidence, aetiology, diagnosis and management.
- Gives therapeutic protocols with associated flowcharts to correspond with the trend towards protocol-driven treatment.
- Includes diagnostic flowcharts for major symptoms such as ulcers and red lesions, placed beside clinical photos to guide the reader systematically through the diagnostic process.
- Provides step-by-step instructions on how to carry out biopsies and toluidine blue staining.
Note: Only Gold member can download this ebook. Learn more here!
Dental eBooks’ Library