- Richard Welbury, Professor of Paediatric Dentistry University of Glasgow; Visiting Professor, University of Zagreb
- Monty S. Duggal, Professor of Child Dental Health, Leeds Dental Institute, UK
- Marie Thérèse Hosey, Professor of Paediatric Dentistry, King’s College London, UK
Paediatric Dentistry fourth edition combines in-depth theoretical information and practical clinical skills to produce a highly relevant resource for undergraduate dentistry students and indeed any clinician in the field. With a user-friendly design, this new edition continues the extensive use of key points, advice on further reading and directions to important evidence. As a result this texts acts as both an essential study tool and a quick reference guide for the surgery. Paediatric Dentistry fourth edition contains a comprehensive survey of every important aspect in the field, including oral pathology, prevention and treatment of dental caries, and restorative dentistry.The book now offers over 550 illustrations, including clinical photographs and information-packed diagrams. Explanations of key clinical procedures are supported by step-by-step illustrations encorporating photographs, x-ray scans and line drawings. Updated throughout, a new chapter on safeguarding children has also been included in order to prepare the reader for the role they might play in protecting the health and wellbeing of vulnerable children. This reflects the child-centred approach that is integrated throughout the text.
- Covers all aspects of paediatric dentistry from basic theories of child development through to advanced restorative surgery techniques
- Extensively illustrated with clinical photographs and instructive diagrams
- Teaches a child-centred approach to dentistry with practical advice for dealing with children in a clinical setting
- Accessible text supported by key points, summary boxes, and directions to further reading
- Over 200 new illustrations, including instructive clinical photographs
- A new chapter on safeguarding children will help dentists be part of a team of professionals that might be called upon to protect vulnerable children
- Updated references and further reading to ensure that the most salient data in the field is included
Note: Only Gold member can download this ebook. Learn more here!
Dental eBooks’ Library