- James L. Hiatt PhD, Professor Emeritus, Department of Biomedical Sciences, University of Maryland Dental School, Baltimore, Maryland
- Leslie P. Gartner PhD, Professor of Anatomy (Retired);Department of Biomedical Sciences, Baltimore College of Dental Surgery, Dental School, University of Maryland, Baltimore, Maryland
Now in full color, the Fourth Edition of this classic text combines concise yet complete coverage of head and neck anatomy with superb photographs, drawings, and tables to provide students with a thorough understanding of this vital subject. This edition contains basic anatomic information not found in other specialized textbooks of head and neck anatomy. It details structures of the oral cavity from an oral examination point of view to promote the practical application of fundamental anatomic concepts. Other features include Clinical Considerations boxes that highlight the clinical significance of anatomy, a discussion of the anatomic basis of local anesthesia and lymphatic drainage, and an embryological account of head and neck development.
- New full-color design with excellent and new photographs, drawings and tables.
- Additional coverage on tooth development, eruption, and primary/secondary dentition in Chapter 4.
- Additional Clinical Consideration boxes address the clinical importance of information presented.
- Twenty-five color plates from Rohen’s Color Atlas of Anatomy are featured in the unique skull mini-atlas which includes color figures and labels for over 200 anatomic structures of the head and neck, providing students with a single source for identification.
- A descriptive embryological account of head and neck development facilitates understanding of normal and abnormal adult anatomy.
- Anatomic terms are highlighted in the text and reinforced by an alphabetical glossary that makes definitions easy to access.
- The anatomic basis of anesthesia and lymphatic drainage is discussed.
- Index includes additional cross-referencing to give students easy access to the desired listing.
Note: Only Gold member can download this ebook. Learn more here!
Dental eBooks’ Library