- Anthony A Mancuso MD, Professor and Chairman, Department of Radiology, Professor of Otolaryngology, University of Florida College of Medicine, Gainesville, FL
- Sharat Bidari MD, Adjunct Clinical Post Doctoral Associate, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL
- Bruno Termote MD, Department of Radiology, Jessa Ziekenhuis, Hasselt, Belgium
- Berit M Verbist MD, PhD, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
- Reordan DeJesus MD, Neuroradiology Fellow, Duke University Hospital, Durham, NC
Teaching Files are one of the hallmarks of radiology education, providing the kind of personal consultation with experts normally found only in the setting of a teaching hospital. This teaching file contains 164 cases, covering all areas of head and neck imaging. A consistent format is used to present each case. Chapters are organized by anatomical region. Included are cases on the temporal bone, skull base, eye and orbit, sinuses and nasal cavity, neck, trachea, salivary glands, hypopharynx and cervical esophagus, oropharynx and larynx. The book can be used both as an independent study and review tool for board-exam preparation and as a companion to Dr. Mancuso’s majesterial, two-volume text, “Head and Neck Radiology” (2010), chapters from which are referenced following each case for further reading.
The cases follow a standard format popular with residents and fellows: clinical presentation, questions, findings, differential diagnosis, diagnosis, discussion, reporting responsibilities, and a section on what the treating physician needs to know. This format emphasizes critical thinking within a clinical context, to build medical decision-making skills. A password-protected companion website, free to purchasers of the book, also includes all cases.
- Enhanced teaching file format features “Questions for Further Thought,” “What the Treating Physician Needs to Know,” and “Reporting Responsibilities”
- Companion website with fully searchable content
- Suitable for radiologists and ENT/head-and-neck surgeons
- Covers all head and neck imaging
- Written by an internationally renowned expert in the field
Note: Only Gold member can download this ebook. Learn more here!