- Michael A. O. Lewis, PhD, BDS, FDSRCPS(Glas), FDSRCS(Edin), FDSRCS(Eng),, FRCPath, FFGDP(UK), Professor of Oral Medicine, Cardiff University, Cardiff, UK
- Richard C. K. Jordan, DDS, MSc, PhD, FRCD(C), FRCPath, DiplABOMP, DiplABOM, Professor of Oral Pathology, Pathology and Radiation Oncology, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, California, USA
2013 Edition of Classic Handbook
This is a revised edition of a bestselling handbook. The authors have fully updated the text to include the most up to date treatment options, have added a section on head and neck imaging (CT/MRI), a series of self-test clinical cases, and 100 new photographs.
The book uses a symptom-based approach to assist the clinician in the diagnosis and management of those conditions that fall into the speciality of oral medicine. Dealing first with normal anatomy, physical examination and investigation particularly lesional biopsy, haematological assessment and microbiological sampling the authors cover all areas of those diseases, local and systemic, that manifest themselves in the lips and mouth. Conditions are grouped under their principal presenting sign blistering, white patches, red patches, swelling, pigmentation, pain, dry mouth, altered tasted and halitosis.
This comprehensive handbook is of value to professionals and trainees in medicine, dentistry and pathology
- Combines the advantages of a colour atlas with those of a short text/reference.
- Symptoms-based approach.
- New section on head and neck imaging (CT/MRI).
- New self-test clinical cases.
- Superb colour photos100 new to this edition.
Original PDF format
Note: Only Gold member can download this ebook. Learn more here!