- Peter Brennan, MD, FRCS, FRCSI, FDS. Portsmouth, UK
Official Journal of the British Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons:
- Leading articles on all aspects of surgery in the oro-facial and head and neck region
- One of the largest circulations of any international journal in this field
- Dedicated to enhancing surgical expertise.
The following types of paper are published in the journal:
- Full length articles: maximum length 2500 words; abstract maximum 250 words, 25 references, normally no more than 6 figures or tables (note that composite or multi-part figures are not accepted).
- Short communications: maximum length 750 words; abstract maximum of 150 words, 10 references, 3 figures or tables (note that composite or multi-part figures are not accepted). Normally no more than 4 authors.
- Technical notes: maximum length 500 words, 5 references, 4 figures or tables (note that composite or multi-part figures are not accepted), no abstract, no introduction or discussion. Normally no more than 4 authors.
- Letters: Maximum length 400 words, 3 references, 1 figure or table. Letters about a published paper should be headed with the full reference to that paper. Original letters should have their own heading.
- Review articles are usually commissioned by the editor.
- Leading Articles – by invitation only: these are planned for each edition and will cover the whole remit of the specialty. They will provide up-to-date knowledge by a recognised expert in the field and are by invitation only from the editor. Length 2500 words, up to 40 references, maximum 6 figures or tables (note that composite or multi-part figures are not accepted). Please contact the Editor, Professor Peter Brennan, (email@example.com) if you are interested in writing a leading article.
Note: Only Gold member can download this ebook. Learn more here!