- Debra Jennings, DMD Trident Technical College
- Janet Chernega, CDA, BS Central Piedmont Community College, Charlotte, NC
EMERGENCY GUIDE FOR DENTAL AUXILIARIES, 4E contains the information and instruction needed in order to effectively handle a medical emergency in the dental office. In addition to basic technical instruction, this new edition provides up-to-date information on First Aid techniques, legal concerns, and safety procedures. A new design helps to better illustrate core concepts and increase comprehension. “Emergency Basics” boxes outline the sequence of steps for recognizing a medical emergency as well as action points to assist the patient.
- “Emergency Basics” boxes highlighted in each chapter provide quick access to the signs, symptoms, and First Aid steps to managing various medical emergencies.
- Review questions and problem-solving scenarios allow students to review and apply the textbook’s content.
- Updated information about emergency protocols for CPR and airway obstruction among other essential skills.
- Coverage of all major medical emergencies and an accompanying action plan for the dental professional.